Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had my camera mounted high up by the top of the fin. And i forgot that I had the skeleton case on it so the wind was really loud hitting it. So i removed the audio. I go upo to 90 mph nearly and you can see the road sucked. It was bumpy. Anyway you can see the mirror has no vibration AT ALL.

And I can see the fin in the mirror. but the panorama mirror lets me lean my head to the left a tiny amount and see behind it.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Man that doesn't move at all. Good choice RT!

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I had my camera mounted high up by the top of the fin. And i forgot that I had the skeleton case on it so the wind was really loud hitting it. So i removed the audio. I go upo to 90 mph nearly and you can see the road sucked. It was bumpy. Anyway you can see the mirror has no vibration AT ALL.

And I can see the fin in the mirror. but the panorama mirror lets me lean my head to the left a tiny amount and see behind it.

Nice, you are one resourceful guy. I wish you were closer, I'd swing by with a case or two and learn a thing or two.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
That mirror is pretty awesome. Since the stock ones are on backorder now, I would advise anyone that wants a high quality mirror tomorrow, that looks like it belongs in the SS, to go get one of RAB's!

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you using your phone as your GPS or just Bluetooth to speakers?
I have my phone hooked to the infotainment via bluetooth. That lets me stream Pandora and Slacker and whatever else I have open on the phone. I also have my satellite radio run into system with a hardwired FM antenna adapter. I listen to satellite radio most of the time because around this part of the county there isn't great cell coverage. Because of my job I have a Verizon and an AT&T phone. And both suck around here. AT&T is ok. It works in the towns around here but when you get about 2 miles from town it just drops to 1 and two bars. You can make a call but streaming music is impossible.

AND , I have noticed that my Sena headset has a 5 second delay in switching the microphone to the headset once I answer a call. I had it paired straight to the phone and it works great and instant. But if you pair it to the infotainment system it will mute the radio when you get a call. The delay is strange because for the 5 seconds that the caller can't hear you they hear wind noise. Its probably using the phone microphone and then kicking over to the headset. (just a guess)

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I have my phone hooked to the infotainment via bluetooth. That lets me stream Pandora and Slacker and whatever else I have open on the phone. I also have my satellite radio run into system with a hardwired FM antenna adapter. I listen to satellite radio most of the time because around this part of the county there isn't great cell coverage. Because of my job I have a Verizon and an AT&T phone. And both suck around here. AT&T is ok. It works in the towns around here but when you get about 2 miles from town it just drops to 1 and two bars. You can make a call but streaming music is impossible.

AND , I have noticed that my Sena headset has a 5 second delay in switching the microphone to the headset once I answer a call. I had it paired straight to the phone and it works great and instant. But if you pair it to the infotainment system it will mute the radio when you get a call. The delay is strange because for the 5 seconds that the caller can't hear you they hear wind noise. Its probably using the phone microphone and then kicking over to the headset. (just a guess)
Do you have the Sena smh 10 or the Sena 20S? I've been considering the 20S just haven't made up my mind yet.

·
Vendor
2,216 Posts
Do you have the Sena smh 10 or the Sena 20S? I've been considering the 20S just haven't made up my mind yet.
I got the 20s a few weeks ago and the bluetooth radio only last about 45 min and says "low battery', beeps and turns off. Emailing Sena today.. totally useless if they only last 45min with music. I hope it's a defect.. cuz i really enjoy them. Only other solution would be to plug in the included power adapter from the Sena headset to the Cigarette style 12v lighter behind the cupholders with an adapter to have full time power. It would kinda defeat the purpose of bluetooth though.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I got the 20s a few weeks ago and the bluetooth radio only last about 45 min and says "low battery', beeps and turns off. Emailing Sena today.. totally useless if they only last 45min with music. I hope it's a defect.. cuz i really enjoy them. Only other solution would be to plug in the included power adapter from the Sena headset to the Cigarette style 12v lighter behind the cupholders with an adapter to have full time power. It would kinda defeat the purpose of bluetooth though.
Keep us posted if you don't mind. Their web site says 8 10 hrs of "radio on" time...unless that's something different.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Will do Flyer, yes my expectation was 5+ hours of radio time.. unless they're referring to radio intercom between other riders. I'll find out.
Sounds like you got a defective unit. A riding buddy has had to send his 20S back at least once. I can listen to the radio streamed from my bike for a good 8 - 9 hours with my SMH-10, and expect the 20S to last even longer.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I have the 10. And I get at least 10 hours of audio from it. I have tried them all and the SENA is one of the best i have used.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts