Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Everyone of you may be affected by Indiana's inability to process the SS Certification.
WE NEED YOUR HELP! If you could just take a little time to e-mail our Governor and the DMV concerning this situation, OUR VOICE MAY BE HEARD. Here is the information and thanks in advance for the help!

This is an e-mail for those who do not live in the affected States. You may just copy and paste to send or formulate your own correspondence: Out of state e-mails may do much more good as it could be a better economic reason!!!!

To send an e-mail to Mike Pence the Governer of Indiana click the link and under “Ask Mike” click on the

http://www.in.gov/gov/2752.htm

To send an e-mail to the Indiana DMV, here is the Link:
Send an email to the BMV

To: (Enter the Entities Name)
Fr: (Enter Your Name and position if with a company)
Date: (Enter the Date you are sending)
RE: Polaris Industries Slingshot 3 Wheel Motorcycle (Important ‘Motorcycle’ is visable)

I am writing this to express my disappointment concerning the failure of your State to promptly approve the certification and sale of this motorcycle.

48 States have already completed this certification and now I have great concerns with even visiting your State. I can’t understand this delay and would not even consider spending money there until this is resolved.
One would think that you would follow the guidelines accepted by all other States and open up yours to help your economy if for nothing else.

Thank you,
(Name and Address)

If you live in Indiana , here is a letter you could copy and paste or formulate your own:

I am writing this to express my disappointment concerning the failure of this State to promptly approve the Certification and sale of this motorcycle.

48 States have already completed this certification and the delay is surely hurting the economy of our State. Many have already paid deposits, filled out paperwork and sold existing vehicles to purchase a much safer motorcycle only to be recently informed by Polaris Dealers that our State is delaying the certification.

Such delay is costing these small businesses who struggle in this economy as it is. Not only is the delay hurting the State but it is also causing a Nationwide concern over even driving this motorcycle into our great State! Look at the loss of Tourism Revenue alone.

I urge you to provide expedited help in this matter.

Thank you,
(Name and Address)

I have already e-mailed and hope you will help. How many e-mails can we send that they will open Monday morning. This is a chance for the Forum Members to back up what they say! MAKE OUR VOICE HEARD!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Come on folks. The more that contact the Governor the more impact it'll have.
Just a few won't help much.
Hopefully it will at least get the Governors attention.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Dear Mr. Governor,

As an employee of a Polaris Slingshot dealer in Michigan, who is very active in the Slingshot motorcycle community and whose dealership was instrumental in the development of this product, I feel I speak on behalf of the Polaris dealers of your state, that you should not delay the launch of this product.

There is so much interest and demand behind this very unique motorcycle, yet suddenly there is a growing force of negativity about Indiana's ability to approve this vehicle for legal road use among future riders, nationwide.

As a neighbor state, I know that we have several riders that are already planning trips through our state into yours and beyond who are quite concerned about traveling with a vehicle that has dubious legal status in IN.

Please consider how you will help launch a new era of American made, quality vehicles, by letting your citizens purchase and drive the Polaris Slingshot safely and securely.

If you require any assistance doing this, Full Throttle Motorsports in Lansing, MI, will be happy to assist.

Sincerely,

Will Burgess
Slingshot Motorcycle Enthusiast

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I don't want to be crass, or angry, or pushy to the Governor of a state I'm not a citizen of, but I still want to air my concern and offer my help if I can, somehow. That's the best way, I feel, I can reach their office with a positive message of doing what is right in their state.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thank you Will and all. At present there are so many silent voices and remember silent voices are never heard!

I posted my name, address and contact information on every email I sent to the BMV and to the governor of the state. I am in no way ashamed of what we are doing. I am more ashamed of what the state is doing to us and the fine dealers of Indiana.

How is it that every state in the United States can get this done and Indiana cannot. I suspect it is the bureaucratic red tape that we face every day. It is probably one single individual with something against a big corporation when, in fact, they are hurting small businesses and individuals across the state.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I don't want to be crass, or angry, or pushy to the Governor of a state I'm not a citizen of, but I still want to air my concern and offer my help if I can, somehow. That's the best way, I feel, I can reach their office with a positive message of doing what is right in their state.
Kip, the governor probably will never even read the email. But, hopefully his aide will and make one single phone call and get this done.

I have my doubts that the few emails I suspect the forum is sending will do any good. But I have done my part and will continue to do what I can.

I will tell you all that if it were a different state than my own, I would be one of the first to email your governor or your BMV to help correct your situation. Slingshot gatherings in the US are truly not complete until we have representatives from every state.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hang in there Painter. More members will see the post and help out. It may take time but in the end you folks will have your backside planted in the SS grinning ear to ear.:D:)

·
Registered
382 Posts
I would ask to do this for Maryland as well, but you would be wasting your time. This state has consistently demonstrating they do not represent their constituency here. They are afterall, the ruling Elite. Thank Owe'Malley.

1 - 20 of 276 Posts