Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Would be nice if they fixed our swing arms sooner than later though. My dealer was hoping to get them done in the spring! The last recalls didn't piss me off the way this one did. I think it's just the fact that they seem to be taking their sweet ass time getting this one done that is getting to me. Or, maybe I was just still infatuated with the ss two years ago. Still love it though.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Seems to me that the recalls were to improve issues and to provide good customer service. Most owners have not had any major issues and this is a new production vehicle!

Considering the fun for dollar value, I am not unhappy with the product quality, customer service or recalls! I just drive/ ride and enjoy!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Seems to me that the recalls were to improve issues and to provide good customer service. Most owners have not had any major issues and this is a new production vehicle!

Considering the fun for dollar value, I am not unhappy with the product quality, customer service or recalls! I just drive/ ride and enjoy!
With you

·
Registered
760 Posts
So how did Polaris fare considering the ebb and flow of the stock market. If you watch the market, like I do, you will see that it goes up and down with every little thing that happens in the world business climate. Not uncommon for my portfolio to lose or gain thousand in a day, it is over the long haul that is important. So, was the stock market down during the time information was gathered for this article? Statistical Analysis will be able to twist numbers to say what the person making the analysis, or the person paying for the analysis, wants it to say. Not putting a lot of stock (pun intended) into the article.

LC

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I for one hope that Polaris gets their crap together and continues the production. I would love to see the SS evolve. BUT maybe if it gets discontinued all of the current ones out and about will become rare collector's items a few years from now?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Does anyone have specifics on the fuel line recall yet? is that just the plastic fitting from the fuel rail to the fuel line or the actual fuel line needs to be re-routed?

·
Registered
753 Posts
My question is

The safety recalls were required by Federal law. My question now is how long do we rationalize and forgive the SS's poor quality control issues with "it's a new production vehicle"? 2, 3, 4...10 years. Just want to know when I can begin getting upset. :jawdrop: I too love my slingshot and just want to enjoy riding it without, in the back of my mind, wondering if this is the ride when the swingarm will fail or it will catch fire or a new defect that will kill me. I want to believe that the new swingarms won't be a "luck of the draw" on who gets a safe one or unsafe one like the current ones but I am not convinced. If they replacing defective coolant tanks with defective coolant tanks, whose to say they won't do the same with swingarms. After 10000+ miles , I'm pretty sure I got a good one, although I check for cracks before each ride, and have recently decided to wait until I get the reviews from the early adopters before maybe having my swingarm replaced. Happy Thankshaving-a-Slingshot :)

·
Registered
760 Posts
The fuel line recall is just to install a clip the reposition the rubber part that is in close proximity to the hood. just open the hood and look at the rubber hose at the back of the fuel rail, if it is rubbing move it and forget about it.

On the swing arm think about all the ones in service now then figure the math of the ones that failed then quit borrowing trouble and forget about it.

Honestly if you knew how many things around us that failed, or are going to fail, you would not get out of bed in the morning. Then the ceiling would probably fall on you and end your worries.

LC

·
Registered
191 Posts
This is not a new opinion... A similar comment was made on www.fool.com on 9/19/2016. These opinions are not so much criticisms of the Slingshot as they are criticisms of Polaris' management. Both comments are meant to be used by investors. Certainly the failure of Polaris' management to establish a meaningful quality control program will have a long term effect on the business, but it is very amenable to remedy, IMO...remove and replace the CEO. He may be the most deficient part of all.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
The fuel line recall is just to install a clip the reposition the rubber part that is in close proximity to the hood. just open the hood and look at the rubber hose at the back of the fuel rail, if it is rubbing move it and forget about it.

On the swing arm think about all the ones in service now then figure the math of the ones that failed then quit borrowing trouble and forget about it.

Honestly if you knew how many things around us that failed, or are going to fail, you would not get out of bed in the morning. Then the ceiling would probably fall on you and end your worries.

LC
We Agree
CEILING FALLING DOWN.jpg

.................................................. tom n carol

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Much ado about nothing. Bunch of bean counters and speculators telling the world doom and gloom just like CNN does about Trump.

The sun will rise again tomorrow.

I would love it if Polaris stopped making the SS tomorrow. My 2016.5 would increase in value 35% overnight. ;-) Supply and demand.

Tell you a quick story: I took my SS to a car show a few weeks ago, popped the hood and stood around chatting with people. All the Porsche's, Corvette's, Audi's.... Didn't have half the people around them as the SS did. It was pretty cool. People are intrigued by and from what I heard, love the SS.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Much ado about nothing. Bunch of bean counters and speculators telling the world doom and gloom just like CNN does about Trump.

The sun will rise again tomorrow.

I would love it if Polaris stopped making the SS tomorrow. My 2016.5 would increase in value 35% overnight. ;-) Supply and demand.

Tell you a quick story: I took my SS to a car show a few weeks ago, popped the hood and stood around chatting with people. All the Porsche's, Corvette's, Audi's.... Didn't have half the people around them as the SS did. It was pretty cool. People are intrigued by and from what I heard, love the SS.
DId the same thing and did not have the same result. PEople stopped and looked for sure but were unimpressed especially since everyone there was a car kind of guy group. And the few who wanted to buy a slingshot no longer did either because of what they saw or what they have heard. Most of what I got was looks really cool and I bet it's fun but I've heard it has a lot of problems must be a new car thing. Which is very true but the amount of problems the slingshot rolls out with it's a little ridiculous. ATM mine has been in the shop for over a month because the break lights have another problem within two months time along with about 4 little kinks that shouldn't be a problem so soon but in top of that it got recalled a week later and I was told parts wouldn't be in until the end of the month. End of the month is here and no parts. Polaris has quality and quantity issue that need serious adjustments. I was going to buy an off road vehicle from them until I ran into so many problems with my slingshot.

·
Super Moderator
2,894 Posts
@muddbutt3: That's a new report...wonder how that's affecting sales? Not that we'd know because Polaris had to stop selling them...

Since Polaris put owners last on the list for everything, maybe they've shrunk their own market--dedicated owners that don't mind a lot of shop time, uninformed and impulse buyers will buy their products, but beyond that their reputation preceeds them. It's really the used-car salesman tactic, out the door and F-you.

I would think U.S. based Polaris would care since Canadian based Bombardier Recreational Products who owns Ski-Doo & Sea-Doo, Can-Am, Lynx, Evinrude & Johnson Outboard Motors, and Rotax is basically a huge overbearing competitor that makes more reliable products, whereas Polaris is the Chineese-disposable competitor--and Polaris could use the financial boost of the Slingshot to keep propping up the other product lines (except for watercraft, they lost that). Although now the Slingshot line needs propping up too with the last set of recalls--good job Polaris bean counters. Wankers.

images (1).jpg

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
@muddbutt3: That's a new report...wonder how that's affecting sales? Not that we'd know because Polaris had to stop selling them...

Since Polaris put owners last on the list for everything, maybe they've shrunk their own market--dedicated owners that don't mind a lot of shop time, uninformed and impulse buyers will buy their products, but beyond that their reputation preceeds them. It's really the used-car salesman tactic, out the door and F-you.

I would think U.S. based Polaris would care since Canadian based Bombardier Recreational Products who owns Ski-Doo & Sea-Doo, Can-Am, Lynx, Evinrude & Johnson Outboard Motors, and Rotax is basically a huge overbearing competitor that makes more reliable products, whereas Polaris is the Chineese-disposable competitor--and Polaris could use the financial boost of the Slingshot to keep propping up the other product lines (except for watercraft, they lost that). Although now the Slingshot line needs propping up too with the last set of recalls--good job Polaris bean counters. Wankers.

View attachment 91009
We have had a totally different experience with our SlingShot where our dealer has serviced us especially well, (the few times it has been required), where we have a friend, who has owned several Spyders, that seems to have constant problems, (and he is a realist, not a whiner!) :rolleyes:

Bill and Justina

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
DId the same thing and did not have the same result. PEople stopped and looked for sure but were unimpressed especially since everyone there was a car kind of guy group. .......
Maybe its because you don't have one of these under the hood? Trust me, it was a car show and I probably had 25 people taking pictures and asking lots of questions.

Alpha Turbo Installation Complete.jpg

1 - 20 of 24 Posts