Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What with the blurring of vehicle categories associated with the introduction of the Slingshot, and quite likely other similarily configured vehicles in the near future, will bikers refer to Slingshot drivers as 'cagers' with the same derision that they reserve for cell-phone jabbering soccer moms in mini-vans, or will they recognize the vehicle's general legal status as a 'motorcycle' and welcome Slingshot drivers into 'the brotherhood' as fellow 'bikers'.'bi

Maybe a third category of vehicle enthusiasts should be created that is a combination of the other two? How about 'cakers', or 'bigers'? (pronounced: buy-jerz)

An admittedly odd but interesting question

·
Registered
792 Posts
When I got my Slingshot, I went to all the local motorcycle shops to show it off. They all know me cuz I'm a biker too. Anyway, excitement, enthusiasm, praise, and pure interest is all I ever get. The Slingshot is really that cool. Maybe Polaris has created a new category!

·
Thank You All, You Know Who You Are!
3,685 Posts
My sister in law works at a large Harley dealer. I brought mine there to show her and much like everyone else, they thought it was very cool. Lots of thumbs up. They were talking about it two days before I showed up.
My brother in law, big Harley guy, loved going for a ride. He asked me where the dealer is.
You figure, it's made in The United States Of America, it's the coolest thing anyone has seen in a while, it's a "motorcycle". I think they wouldn't mind it on a rally or ride. You can't ride side by side with it, so they may ask you to take up the rear. Once parked, I think we will fit right in.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Personally, I don't give a rats a$$ what they call me. I'm having fun(or at least I will, IF I ever get the dang thing)So what anyone else thinks is of no concern to me.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Personally I'm diggin the term "Triker". It's as much a driving experience, or more, than a riding one. I have different definition of a Biker than some therefore I don't consider myself a Biker. I think I'm more of a motorcycle rider or just a rider. I do though wear my leather jacket and sometimes my helmet if it's cold on both the bike or the trike, when warm... Likely neither unless it's a long trip.
Anyway.. Triker sounds good to me.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
how about slinger you know like swinger BRP spiders can't right side by side either and they are welcome on motorcycle rides actually I don't go with clubs anyway so I may be interested in going with a club slingers if there ever is one in maine

·
The Pack
5,165 Posts
When I hear triker I can't help but picture the wide ended Harley three wheelers. Even though even the pedal bike I ride is a reverse trike! The Virginia bureaucracy in their wisdom formed a new class of vehicle. They call it an autocycle. Not bad.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Personally I'm diggin the term "Triker". It's as much a driving experience, or more, than a riding one. I have different definition of a Biker than some therefore I don't consider myself a Biker. I think I'm more of a motorcycle rider or just a rider. I do though wear my leather jacket and sometimes my helmet if it's cold on both the bike or the trike, when warm... Likely neither unless it's a long trip.
I still think it's a unicycle with training wheels - but a wicked fast one!!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
We went to our local H-D dealer last weekend with ours, they know us cause we have the Tri-Glide, but same thing, they all came out and looked at it, everybody thought it was cool. We'll see what happens at the rallies this summer...We've been wearing our riding gear, including chaps, when driving the SL, mostly for warmth so far. I think if a guy climbed out wearing skinny jeans and Piloti driving shoes, the reaction might be different.
I say biker or triker, definitely not cager, but do we ride it or drive it?

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Triker, I like that. I wonder why you don't hear it more. But a Roadsterer, does sound cooler, even if it doesn't roll off the tongue as easily.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts