Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Slingshot LS - Red
7 Posts
I'm still trying to figure out how to get carplay to work. I've already updated to the latest software, I can hold the play/pause button all day and it doesn't seem to pop up on my phone while connected. sure I'm doing something wrong though!

·
Registered
2020 R Autodrive
97 Posts
That could be a setting is just not quite right. I use a memory stick most of the time plugged into a 1 foot USD extension cable plug into the USP port on the dash. My USB port in the glove box don't seam to work. I have listened to music that was on my IPhone.

·
Registered
2020 Slingshot LS - Red
7 Posts
I can listen to music on my phone just fine with bluetooth its even playing when I'm trying to get carplay working. atleast that works for me. its just safer to use the carplay GPS that way I don't need to check my phone when riding.

·
Registered
2020 R Autodrive
97 Posts
I don't really care for the GPS in my 2020 R it works it just isn't as nice as the Garmin units I am used to. I ran it and the app Waze on my phone and they both told me when to turn but the SS GPS told me to turn left several times when it was showing me to turn right. I also like to use my Garmin to see my speed as most of the time I can't read the dash digital or analog.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am trying different ways to get around the headset issue, testing a few of the cheap Bluetooth wireless devices that typically plug into an aux port, had success with one out of two that I had laying around. Will be buying some more and testing. The goal is just to have it plugged in always so when the slingshot starts it connects automatically and then CarPlay will work when plug into via usb cable.

·
Registered
2020 Slingshot LS - Red
7 Posts
I am trying different ways to get around the headset issue, testing a few of the cheap Bluetooth wireless devices that typically plug into an aux port, had success with one out of two that I had laying around. Will be buying some more and testing. The goal is just to have it plugged in always so when the slingshot starts it connects automatically and then CarPlay will work when plug into via usb cable.
Which one did you end up buying?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Which one did you end up buying?
I'm curious too. I got the software update done (along with paddle shifters) to my 2020 - the dealer said they only got it to work once and had to connect bluetooth headset and the usb cable to the iPhone. I tried with my AirPods pros and never could get it to work. It's stupid that the Polaris requires a headset to allow apple CarPlay to work in the first place. I've got a pair of beats I'll try shortly but I'm overall very annoyed that it doesn't work at least not easily.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm curious too. I got the software update done (along with paddle shifters) to my 2020 - the dealer said they only got it to work once and had to connect bluetooth headset and the usb cable to the iPhone. I tried with my AirPods pros and never could get it to work. It's stupid that the Polaris requires a headset to allow apple CarPlay to work in the first place. I've got a pair of beats I'll try shortly but I'm overall very annoyed that it doesn't work at least not easily.
For CarPlay you have to use the usb cable. That is the same on my JVC that I installed in my motor home, and on my wife’s Nissan Rouge. Your AirPods would have to connect to the IPhone I believe.

·
Registered
8 Posts
For CarPlay you have to use the usb cable. That is the same on my JVC that I installed in my motor home, and on my wife’s Nissan Rouge. Your AirPods would have to connect to the IPhone I believe.
yes, the slingshot screen says to connect usb and bluetooth headset... the apple lightning cable was used - dealer claimed the headphones had to be connected to the slingshot, that didn't work. it also didn't work for AirPods to be connected to the phone. The CarPlay button in slingshot settings stays grayed out no matter what.

·
Registered
75 Posts
yes, the slingshot screen says to connect usb and bluetooth headset... the apple lightning cable was used - dealer claimed the headphones had to be connected to the slingshot, that didn't work. it also didn't work for AirPods to be connected to the phone. The CarPlay button in slingshot settings stays grayed out no matter what.
I’ll check mine out a little later. I only care about the maps on my iPhone To be displayed. Everything else is Bluetooth from my Sena headset to my IPhone. I don’t use anything really on the slingshot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah maps was the reason I wanted the apple CarPlay. I stream music to the speakers but I just don't understand why the slingshot requires a bluetooth headset to be connect to use CarPlay through USB. (and apparently it's not clear whether that should be paired to the phone or to the slingshot).

·
Registered
8 Posts
So. I contacted Polaris their response is what follows... It's just stupid that they set it up this way.

Sena Headsets are the only headsets that Polaris recommends with RideCommand, you can try other headsets, but won't get all of the benefits.

Ride Command Requirements:
6.1 Supported Devices
Phones:
  • Android 7.0 and above
  • iOS 11.0 and above on iPhone 5s and newer

Note: We do not support iPod connection via USB.

The following headsets are supported:
  • Sena SMH 10
  • Sena 10S
  • Sena 20S
  • Sena 20S EVO
  • Sena 30K

Regarding the CarPlay, it may not be required on other CarPlay vehicles but on the Slingshot and Indian Motorcycles it is.

Requirements for CarPlay Validation on Ride Command DIsplay
  • iPhone 5s or later
  • iOD version 12 or above
  • Sena Headset

How to Activate CarPlay:
  • Connect Sena Headset to the display via Bluetooth
  • Connect the iPhone to the bike with MFi cable
  • The CarPlay will launch automatically
  • Turn on "Allow CarPlay while phone is locked"
In your phone go to: Settings> General> CarPlay> Allow

1 - 20 of 63 Posts