Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
61 - 73 of 74 Posts
I have a 2015 with so much play in the steering it's a chore to drive on secondary roads. Attempted to have a Laser alignment but was advised there was too much play in the tie rods and it would not hold an alignment. Trying to get the dealer to fix it. Only 12000 miles.

Go on this website: https://ridecommand.polaris.com/en-us/home
Put in your serial number and all of the service bulletins will come up for your machine. The steering shaft may be in there, it was for mine and mine doesn't have play. It is not a safety recall just a regular recall so it won't be on the safety recall website.

I think it would be wise to check this out before taking action.
Tried this site but it's just an advertising site for Polaris.

I'm activating this thread again. Steering play is back again. Been less than six months since dealer
fixed same complaint by replacing the steering shaft set screw. This time play is a couple of inches and makes a clicking noise when wheel is moved thru the play.

I'm activating this thread again. Steering play is back again. Been less than six months since dealer
fixed same complaint by replacing the steering shaft set screw. This time play is a couple of inches and makes a clicking noise when wheel is moved thru the play.
maybe the screw came out or is wore out. Mine Is still good since the recall.

I just completed the steering and other recalls and have a noticeable improvement in steering. It was quite squirrely before the recall. I will definitely keep an eye on this as slow wear is often difficult to detect. Please let us know what you find @bikerbill. Good luck!

Just got a brand new 2017 SL about a month ago and half maybe 1/2" of play both ways. It's pretty "uncomfortable" and annoying to drive on any road at nearly any speed. I don't care who you are, it's IMPOSSIBLE to keep it straight. I checked the set screw and it was tight as could be. I loosened the nut a little, re-signed the screw and the nut as tight as I possibly could... Made no difference. Would love to get this fixed! I'm not going to take it apart and drill anything it. That really isn't in my field of expertise and I wouldn't be comfortable doing it. What a PITA!

Mine had a clicking noise also, prior to repair. Turning the wheel caused the outer shaft to contact inner shaft. Used @lilb93 instructions earlier in this thread to fix. The new Polaris fix is to replace the flat bottom set screw with a pointed one to colapse the outer tube to the inner and remove the play. Try loosening the lock nut on the shaft and re-tighten the set screw. Maybe it just worked loose.

just checked mine and the recall for steering has been completed and my steering is pretty tight. looks like there is a radio update.

Also, I noticed I have a roadside member number so I guess road side is included for the first 2 years. There is a number on the site to call. If this is true I wish my dealer gave me this info.

STAT-O-SEAL REPLACEMENT
Bulletin #: T-16-02
Safety
Please contact your dealer immediately for more information on this bulletin.
Applied
FUEL LINE REPLACE CLIP INSPECT
Bulletin #: T-16-03-A
Safety
Applied
STEERING SHAFT BOLT REPLACEMNT
Bulletin #: T-16-04
Regular
Contact your dealer for more information on this bulletin.
Applied
SWINGARM REPLACEMENT
Bulletin #: T-16-06-EA
Safety
Applied
SLINGSHOT RADIO INTERFERENCE
Bulletin #: T-16-01
Regular
Contact your dealer for more information on this bulletin.

Needs to be Applied

61 - 73 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.