Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to convert my slingshot to automatic, I know that there are few places doing it but I want to hear from actual people who have the conversion, so if you have an automatic slingshot please give me some feedback here, or if you know someone that has an automatic slingshot please tag them, maybe we can get a discussion going about the automatic

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
901 Posts
I think an old member here had one installed after a partial leg amputation last year. He's on the forum that @BKL mentions. I don't know if he's riding yet though.

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,162 Posts
I have an automatic in the Monster and manual in my red one. I love the auto, but I love the manual too. My auto is a littler bigger than what you would get but same principle. Smooth as butter!

·
Registered
10 Posts
My wife converted hers to an automatic and loves it. She has the regular shifter not the paddle shifters. Done by Performance Autowerks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
My wife converted hers to an automatic and loves it. She has the regular shifter not the paddle shifters. Done by Performance Autowerks

Do you have a gear indicator in your automatic SlingShot?

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Based on a YouTube search for Polaris Slingshot automatic transmission conversion, most of the videos for Slingshot automatics I found had some type pf dgital ghear display. believe most, if not all of the pushbutton selection automatic trans conversions use the PCS control unit which appears to have a gear display.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Based on a YouTube search for Polaris Slingshot automatic transmission conversion, most of the videos for Slingshot automatics I found had some type pf dgital ghear display. believe most, if not all of the pushbutton selection automatic trans conversions use the PCS control unit which appears to have a gear display.
So I have a PCS unit but not sure where that connector is located on the slingshot. I'm trying not to take whole car apart to find connector. Do you know where is is located?

·
Vendor
645 Posts
So I have a PCS unit but not sure where that connector is located on the slingshot. I'm trying not to take whole car apart to find connector. Do you know where is is located?
Are you talking about the connector for tuning? Depends on who did the swap as to where they would put the connector. On all the automatic swaps we have done, we leave that connection secured under the passenger seat for easy accesibility. Do you know where your PCS controller is mounted?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Are you talking about the connector for tuning? Depends on who did the swap as to where they would put the connector. On all the automatic swaps we have done, we leave that connection secured under the passenger seat for easy accesibility. Do you know where your PCS controller is mounted?
So this conversion was done by Cycle Springs. I'm just trying to hook up a gear indicator so I can get it through inspection.

·
Vendor
645 Posts
On the wiring harness going from the PCS blue control box to the actual transmission there is a pigtail with the connector for that gear indicator. You will have to find the PCS box or give Cycle Springs a call to see where they installed it.Unfortunately there is no common place that everyone puts those boxes. Once you find the box, just follow the wiring back towards the transmission and you will find the connector. If if remember correctly though, you do have to adjust the software for it know that the gear indicator is hooked up, its been a little since we did one of those.

Hope that helps,
Dave

·
Registered
15 Posts
On the wiring harness going from the PCS blue control box to the actual transmission there is a pigtail with the connector for that gear indicator. You will have to find the PCS box or give Cycle Springs a call to see where they installed it.Unfortunately there is no common place that everyone puts those boxes. Once you find the box, just follow the wiring back towards the transmission and you will find the connector. If if remember correctly though, you do have to adjust the software for it know that the gear indicator is hooked up, its been a little since we did one of those.

Hope that helps,
Dave
Thank you for your help. I will give them a call.
Becky

·
Registered
543 Posts

PM sent

1 - 16 of 16 Posts