Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the SL out for a ride backed out of the garage then this was lying on the floor. The only thing I did was open the hood put on the new Alpha oil cap and closed the hood. Its rubber.

20141212_133317.jpg
20141212_133323.jpg

·
Registered
509 Posts
Might want to look around if others are present on the hood or the interior engine compartments. Might be something towards the windshield or just some that they forgot to remove during transporting.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Took the SL out for a ride backed out of the garage then this was lying on the floor. The only thing I did was open the hood put on the new Alpha oil cap and closed the hood. Its rubber.

View attachment 3678 View attachment 3679
Looks like the pad for the hood "bumper." Open the hood and look at the center of hood itself at the windshield end. Should be a rubber pad there. Someone else had posted before that they had a problem with the rubber pad coming off.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Looks like the pad for the hood "bumper." Open the hood and look at the center of hood itself at the windshield end. Should be a rubber pad there. Someone else had posted before that they had a problem with the rubber pad coming off.
BTW, the pad attaches to the bottom of the metal bracket you see there.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Thanks for this thread. I found mine laying on the floor also. Ill stick mine back with a dab of some gorilla glue.

Reactions: Gypsyjon

·
Registered
619 Posts
The SS must be secretly made by Lotus for Polaris.
Epoxied parts falling everywhere. That's another reason to wear a helmet.

·
Registered
58 Posts
What everybody else said. It's the rubber for the hood bumper. I lost mine when the hood popped open on the highway. Try not to lose it because Polaris insisted that they couldn't replace just the rubber. Had to replace the whole hood bumper which required removing the center cowell from the hood.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Mine dropped down too. When I took it back to dealership, they said it was part of the packing process at the manufacturers when getting it ready to be shipped to dealership. Dealership is suppose to remove it when they're put it to together for us. I was told not to worry...it's not the Slingshot falling apart!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Mine dropped down too. When I took it back to dealership, they said it was part of the packing process at the manufacturers when getting it ready to be shipped to dealership. Dealership is suppose to remove it when they're put it to together for us. I was told not to worry...it's not the Slingshot falling apart!
Not true. Look at the center of your hood where it rests on the ledge just in front of the dash. There should be an L shaped bracket there, and the rubber piece provides padding. It also prevents the bracket from digging into the plastic.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Not true. Look at the center of your hood where it rests on the ledge just in front of the dash. There should be an L shaped bracket there, and the rubber piece provides padding. It also prevents the bracket from digging into the plastic.
I just looked there and, yes, Kevin, you're right, there is one there. I don't know where the one I picked up came from when I gave it to dealership. When I found it, it was just laying on top of the big black box (the one that has a big accordion hose coming out of it) just in front of the silver engine!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just looked there and, yes, Kevin, you're right, there is one there. I don't know where the one I picked up came from when I gave it to dealership. When I found it, it was just laying on top of the big black box (the one that has a big accordion hose coming out of it) just in front of the silver engine!
I just went and looked at mine, and don't see another place for a piece of rubber. Unless mine fell off, and I just don't see a spot, you could have just had an extra one laying on the air filter cover.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
I visited my dealer today and the right rear reflector had fallen off due to poor adhesion. I guess to meet their production price point, Polaris had to cut some corners. I mean, what can we expect for $20K?:D

·
Registered
243 Posts
I visited my dealer today and the right rear reflector had fallen off due to poor adhesion. I guess to meet their production price point, Polaris had to cut some corners. I mean, what can we expect for $20K?:D
Would have been cool to experience the time when MADE IN THE USA meant something. Never had a squeak or rattle from a $20,000 Camry, Civic, or Gold Wing. Let alone have stuff just fall off of them. Standards...

1 - 20 of 52 Posts