Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
I agree but unfortunately I think the engineering works better they way they are. If the reals were outboard then the car's "shoulders" would have to be higher or they would be mounted lower potentially making them uncomfortable to wear. Plus the frame might be stiffer where they are mounted. I just hope the only reason isn't that they were parts bin. I hope.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I loved it! It's another thing that makes it unique from everything else and I enjoyed the feeling of openness it gives you on that side of the Slingshot where it matters.
It's like "Surfing Asphalt", leaving your arm, or shoulder free on that side gave me that feeling.:)

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Obviously since they pulled them out of the parts bin, they are backwards on our machines. They were made for a pull on from the left, like the Rzr's. I think they should of made a proper belt for the Slingshot!
I'm not getting it? Can someone explain it to me in English trying to translated in French but it doesn't work

·
Registered
915 Posts
Mike, instead of pulling the belt from over your left shoulder and fastening it by your right hip, the SS pulls from over your right shoulder and fastens by your left hip. Comprendre?

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I'm not getting it? Can someone explain it to me in English trying to translated in French but it doesn't work
Normal belts start over the outboard side, the inboard design makes for design criticism .More drama .

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Only bothered me the first time I went to grab for one.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
well, let me check......

dam it,... one more thing you guys can talk about while I sit on my a$$....
well, I can do this....

·
2,333 Posts
I'm talking about the part that the belt goes into, not that it pulls from the inside shoulder. That part that you push to unbuckle it is backwards, the finished side faces outside the machine. make sense, sorry i didn't explain it correctly.

Can you swap sides ?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I'm talking about the part that the belt goes into, not that it pulls from the inside shoulder. That part that you push to unbuckle it is backwards, the finished side faces outside the machine. make sense, sorry i didn't explain it correctly.
Can you unbolted and turn it around?

·
Registered
390 Posts
My only issue is that upon release of the buckle it's very prone to impact painted portions of the interior.
I expect to see the paint all beat up in a year or so because it's not always easy to guid the buckle to its full retracted position.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts