Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day, I called the dealer I placed my preorder with to inquire about if they had done the training and set up the display. I eventually got routed to one of the parts guys for whatever reason, and I guess he had no idea as to what I was actually asking, because he simply listed the additional accessories that I could order.

Anyway, just to take up some time, I plan on using the decent weather we've been experiencing lately to take a ride 45 mins south and check up on things in person. I'm buying this thing outright (no financing) and I want to bug the guys a little bit. If they have their stuff, but simply haven't started assembly yet, I feel like I will start bugging them more frequently. Otherwise, I'll just keep lurking here, reading every last scrap of info posted, dreaming about my upcoming fun.

Though I doubt they will have any info further than what's already on the forum, I'll post anything new if I get it.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
So the other day, I called the dealer I placed my preorder with to inquire about if they had done the training and set up the display. I eventually got routed to one of the parts guys for whatever reason, and I guess he had no idea as to what I was actually asking, because he simply listed the additional accessories that I could order.

Anyway, just to take up some time, I plan on using the decent weather we've been experiencing lately to take a ride 45 mins south and check up on things in person. I'm buying this thing outright (no financing) and I want to bug the guys a little bit. If they have their stuff, but simply haven't started assembly yet, I feel like I will start bugging them more frequently. Otherwise, I'll just keep lurking here, reading every last scrap of info posted, dreaming about my upcoming fun.

Though I doubt they will have any info further than what's already on the forum, I'll post anything new if I get it.
When I gave my dealer the deposit I told them "this means I have the right to call you everyday and ask for updates". I see it as part of what we are paying for, if the mothership isn't going to tell us anything, we have to ask someone and who better than the people who have our money?

·
Registered
642 Posts
I usually just email my sales guy but to each their own.

I will be taking a ride down to talk to all the folks, but that's mostly just bikes in general since I am still in the market for another 2 wheeler besides the ZX6R and Enfield Continental I'm pursuing now.

I also keep checking on a used RZR for the lake place, but no luck yet :(

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I usually just email my sales guy but to each their own.

I will be taking a ride down to talk to all the folks, but that's mostly just bikes in general since I am still in the market for another 2 wheeler besides the ZX6R and Enfield Continental I'm pursuing now.

I also keep checking on a used RZR for the lake place, but no luck yet :(
If you're looking for a Bagger I can hook you up with a nice one.....;)

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
LOL! Not sure what I'm looking for honestly. Whatever strikes my fancy I guess. I'm also in the market for a scooter for the kid. She's expressed an interested in riding and at 14 years old, it's the perfect place to start.
I have a really nice Honda Helix Scooter I could sell you for about $1600. Would be perfect for a beginner!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, so it was no help, but a nice ride! The apparently haven't received anything yet; no training materials, no display items, nothing. Still no further info either. Rather disappointing, but not unexpected. At least I avoided about 7 tickets :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts