Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if Polaris is monitoring this forum, at least as a way of receiving feedback from enthusiasts? I can even imagine that there might be some kind of hotline between forum and Polaris' Slingshot dept.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Polaris knows of the forum and is rumored to look at it from time to time. Probably more in the beginning then now.

But, manufactures the size of Polaris usually don't assign employees to interact with people on a forum. It is actually most likely frowned upon because it is not a good platform to deal with issues and gain customer loyalty.

They use their own controlled platforms like their FB page, Instagram, and customer service resources.

·
Registered
146 Posts
They probably do. Then they sit back and all laugh, we got there cash. These people on the forum will make our jobs easier when THEY find the fix to the problems we cannot.
If its the employees reading, well, there's not that much they can do about it. No different than in the auto companies, unfortunately. Its not the assembler, its engineering and money that make changes. Those men and women assembling the Slingshot want and need a job just like anyone else. The quality of the product they are assigned to assemble, determines their future, which means engineering must create a quality product that consumers actually want to purchase.
A new product, no matter the testing prior to release, most generally has some issues. Some may be very minor, while others are a PITA and cost excessive amounts of money to re-engineer. What may seem simple to some, such as a part change, costs a manufacturer a considerable amount of money. Big business will spend considerable time and money, just making a change that costs .005 cents (1/2 penny).
I'm not sticking up for Polaris, nor am I affiliated with Polaris in any way, other than purchasing their products. But, warrantee costs are extremely expensive to a manufacturer. That's why many have a system in place to identify issues, track them and address them with a quality change.

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,816 Posts
Polaris knows of the forum and is rumored to look at it from time to time. Probably more in the beginning then now.

But, manufactures the size of Polaris usually don't assign employees to interact with people on a forum. It is actually most likely frowned upon because it is not a good platform to deal with issues and gain customer loyalty.

They use their own controlled platforms like their FB page, Instagram, and customer service resources.
I know that Ford actually has a PR person that has a social media person, their job is to interact with people on forums, FB, Instagram, and any other forms. They make events happen and coordinate with local groups around the nation for feedback and shows. That would be a job I would love to have.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
They may also be subject to Non Discloseure Agreements.
Exactly.

We live in a society where people win $1.5 million dollar judgements against a fast food restaurant because they put a hot coffee cup between their obscenely overweight thighs at the drive-thru, burned said fat thighs and sued.

Damn. I grew up knowing coffee was hot and I shouldn't squeeze it between my legs. What were my parents thinking teaching me stuff like that. :)

It's lotto time in America and I do not blame any company who guards what they say in social media very carefully. The sharks swim right under the surface and there is always some scumbag looking for a payday so they don't actually have to work and earn a living.

My .04 (adjusted for inflation and ObamaCare).

·
Super Moderator
2,871 Posts
Actually, the restaurant in question had scalding hot coffee, and had been warned by the health department multiple times the temperature was beyond any safe limit by a long shot. They had multiple customer incidents before that, yet refused to lower the temperature because they thought they stood to make a greater profit (it brewed faster and they could pre-fill cups and let them sit and they would be served at the right temperature--not real scientific there). This time a woman was permanently disfigured, it was that incredibly hot because someone served a cup that hadn't cooled. If your wife was a victim of this type of senseless greed and utter disregard for reasonable customer safety, you'd be????

Back on topic, some people are never happy. Polaris listened, came out with a heat kit, sells it at a very reduced price compared to other items, and people say they're going to sue Polaris because it should be free and they're cooking inside the Slingshot. I just did 300 miles, about 50 as a passenger in very hot conditions, and my feet did not fry nor my legs look like chicken drumsticks on a hot barbecue. These are baseless exaggerations, and while the passenger cabin is indeed warm, perhaps uncomfortably warm some days to be accurate, my feet which were in sandals certainly did not get fried like fish at a restaurant on Friday night. I did wear socks, and know that to be a reasonable precaution. I was more uncomfortable due to not having enough leg space and the passenger seat not being adjustable. My girlfriend tends to wear really high heels, and maybe hangs a leg out the side, but that's probably because she enjoys tanning (and driving other drivers crazy, especially when wearing a dress).

My meaning:
download (3).jpg

@Tripod's interpretation:
images (1).jpg

;)

So I don't blame Polaris for not participating when they can't maintain reasonable commentary.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts