Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone/Anyone,

I'm looking to install an Air Ride from revdynamics - I currently have Welter Duals. Dose any one have this similar set up ? And does anyone have an issue with the rear tire touching the exhaust pipe?

·
Registered
827 Posts
Reactions: varanog

·
Hold my beer and watch this!
1,319 Posts
Everyone/Anyone,

I'm looking to install an Air Ride from revdynamics - I currently have Welter Duals. Dose any one have this similar set up ? And does anyone have an issue with the rear tire touching the exhaust pipe?
If you air out the rear you will hit the pipes where they go vertical on the back end. You could manufacture a bump stop to keep that from happening though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick response and all the help. Looks like I would need to manufacture a bump stop. I'm running a 305/30/20

·
Registered
827 Posts
There are WP modifications in the works to reduce the gap between sling back all and the last section of Y pipe. This would help. But 100% aired down I think it would still hit.

·
Registered
374 Posts
What is that mod you speak of?

I would like a bit more clearance back there so I can lower the rear a little more.

·
Registered
827 Posts
What is that mod you speak of?

I would like a bit more clearance back there so I can lower the rear a little more.
Readers digest version... Hack off the tab used to hand the last section as it exits the drive shaft tunnel. Replace a universal hanger to attach at that point. Remove about 1" off the male section of the Y or last portion. Loosen the hoop straps holding the cans. Re install all parts and expect the Y section to be closer to .5" to the SS back wall.

Currently I am about 2" away and rub.

·
Registered
760 Posts
That process is exactly what I have done. My Y pipe is so close to the plastic panels I am a bit concerned about melting the plastic. I have learned to live with it, just don't air down below 65 psi and I'm good

LC

1 - 11 of 11 Posts