Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Slingshot Grand Touring Chan Chew Two
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some in Florida, but any in GA, TN, SC,NC?

Maybe some have showed up in AL!

Hoping for a call on Tuesday! 26th is geting closer!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Still waiting on a phone call from south Alabama. Dothan, to be exact. I don't expect it to be by thanksgiving though since I ordered the fast grey color. If they get a SL in and offer it to me, I could be swayed to go with red though. I'm #1 in line for the grey.

Stephen

·
Registered
557 Posts
Folks: I queried my dealer (Interstate Cycles in Mooresville NC) this morning for an updated status on my delivery. He touched base with his Polaris rep. Here is the response that he got and I quote:

" I really do not have any visibility to actual delivery dates. Trust me, I wish I did. At this point, polaris does not control the shipping of the units, the shipping company does and they run the routes that's most efficient for them. I understand and can appreciate your customers excitement and I wish I could give him an exact date."

Sorry

Eric Goins
Polaris Industries
District Sales Manager
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is my reply to the above: It is OK that Polaris does not control the shipping of the SSs, however, no big deal and I do not expect you to go the extra mile, but I have to say that you would think that Polaris has access to the shipping schedule even though deliveries are sub-contracted out. It is their product and if I worked for them, I would want to know how the deliveries are being made and request a schedule. Regardless, I will touch base with you after Nov 26 , well, just to touch base. Have a good weekend!

Reactions: Tom Barber

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
So they send out emails to every dealer AND customer that they WILL be there by the 26th and then say they have no idea when the ACTUAL delivery will take place.

Polaris is SO LAME!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Folks: I queried my dealer (Interstate Cycles in Mooresville NC) this morning for an updated status on my delivery. He touched base with his Polaris rep. Here is the response that he got and I quote:

" I really do not have any visibility to actual delivery dates. Trust me, I wish I did. At this point, polaris does not control the shipping of the units, the shipping company does and they run the routes that's most efficient for them. I understand and can appreciate your customers excitement and I wish I could give him an exact date."

Sorry

Eric Goins
Polaris Industries
District Sales Manager
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is my reply to the above: It is OK that Polaris does not control the shipping of the SSs, however, no big deal and I do not expect you to go the extra mile, but I have to say that you would think that Polaris has access to the shipping schedule even though deliveries are sub-contracted out. It is their product and if I worked for them, I would want to know how the deliveries are being made and request a schedule. Regardless, I will touch base with you after Nov 26 , well, just to touch base. Have a good weekend!
The trucks are probably going where ever they have lined up a load going back home.

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
What a joke. I still can't fathom why I get absolutely nothing from this company in the way of customer service. It's horrendous. I get better communication at Walmart. I shouldn't have to bug the forum member dealers to look in the portal (or whatever it is) to check on deliveries in my state. Okay, I'll stop bitching....LOL....That's probably why us complainers don't have our vehicles. We talk too much trash and they monitor the site.;) I'll probably end up with one of those hung over assembler models with crooked seats and bad paint.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
The trucks are probably going where ever they have lined up a load going back home.
So if my dealer isn't somewhere the truckers have a load going back north, I'm screwed? Yeah, that must be it!

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Am I the only one that has noticed the slow down on the deliveries of SS. I haven't really seen any other states getting them in beside the few states that first got them. After seeing all the finishing issues,,,, I know I have said it before,,,, but I mean it this time. I will drop out and get my deposit back if its not at my Alabama dealer by the 26th. I am going to get something else. I have a Spyder RT an a KTM so I may buy a Hellcat Challenger. Its not worth waiting on anymore for me.

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
Am I the only one that has noticed the slow down on the deliveries of SS. I haven't really seen any other states getting them in beside the few states that first got them. After seeing all the finishing issues,,,, I know I have said it before,,,, but I mean it this time. I will drop out and get my deposit back if its not at my Alabama dealer by the 26th. I am going to get something else. I have a Spyder RT an a KTM so I may buy a Hellcat Challenger. Its not worth waiting on anymore for me.
I don't know that I noticed a slow down, but I never thought it was really a flood of deliveries from the start. Maybe next week? Plus, I don't know how many were delivered and not posted to the forum......Like many other states, I don't think Oregon has received one yet

·
Registered
2020 Slingshot Grand Touring Chan Chew Two
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Does not appear that we had any significant Saturday deliveries!

Many Polaris dealers are closed on Monday so it is 2 or 3 work days till the promised 26th! Looking like a lot of us are all about to see a big turkey day without our slingshots!

This is beginning to get old!

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Does not appear that we had any significant Saturday deliveries!

Many Polaris dealers are closed on Monday so it is 2 or 3 work days till the promised 26th! Looking like a lot of us are all about to see a big turkey day without our slingshots!

This is beginning to get old!
Im with you. There was and will be NO NO NO reason not to deliver in Alabama before the deadline. We will see.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Just in case Polaris needs to know.... MY DEALER IS OPEN ON MONDAY! MOTORSPORTS SUPERCENTER!!!!

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Here is the email from my salesman. I got this Friday...

" As of today we have been told Alabama is projected for the 24-26th so next week for delivery."

·
Registered
619 Posts
Dealer in town next to me received their first Hellcat this past Friday.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts