Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im on long island and would like to purchase a slingshot. I went to a dealer who was willing to take my money and order me one however they wanted to charge me 2,000 over sticker price. I was wondering what everyone else paid? Thanks

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Im on long island and would like to purchase a slingshot. I went to a dealer who was willing to take my money and order me one however they wanted to charge me 2,000 over sticker price. I was wondering what everyone else paid? Thanks
I didn't get a great deal as I was the 2nd one to place my order last summer. I paid msrp plus $1300 freight and set-up fees (a charge that a lot of others do not pay as the actual freight is $960 and the set-up from the truck to the consumer isn't much at all). plus a doc fee of $99. I didn't complain at all about paying it since I knew there would be a major demand and as you can see there are still buyers waiting for theirs who put their deposits in August. Some dealers have units that are not sold and are charging msrp only (plus tax and tag) so shop around and do whatever you feel comfortable with. I'd rather have paid the extra from my local dealer so if I ever need anything from Polaris, i can lean on him rather than buying from someone 100 miles or more away to have saved a few $$. That's a call only you can make.

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
I got mine if Virginia and paid sticker plus $550 freight (almost half off). If you want to have it shipped to you or come and get it you can give my dealer a call. I don't think they have a lot of deposits because they are out in the sticks and sell a lot of ATVs/UTVs. I don't think they even sell Vicotry's or Indian's.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Spencer, the salesperson told me he would sell them all day long to anyone that would put down a 2K deposit. Of course on the other hand I'm still waiting to get mine. I am #7 on the list.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Like I posted in another thread, I just used Polaris' website to contact the 7 or so dealers closest to me and requested each provide me an OTD (Out-The-Door) price for the model/options (Base + Blade windscreen) I wanted. Some dealers wanted very large, non-refundable deposits. Others weren't sure on the freight/setup fees, or just wanted me to come in and talk to them. I picked the dealer that offered me the best overall deal. He's about 100 miles from me, but my Buyer's order quote only charges me $600 for Dealer Setup/Freight plus $180 in misc fees. Including Texas Tax, $22608 OTD including my refundable $500 deposit. Other dealers nearer by wanted closer $23.5-24K. I prefer to just email and ask for the OTD price. Any decent dealer will provide an honest answer. I did the same thing when I bought my last 2 SUVs. No hassle, just ask and do business with the best deal offered. Some dealers eat the delivery fees. Others just mark everything up. Do what I suggested and you should find a dealer that makes an offer you like. You might need to travel a bit, but I don't mind a little travel for saving money and getting maintenance from someone I feel has earned my trust.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Jacks custom cycles in the Carolinas....paid msrp and shipping,... Same thing here on Long Island , they wanted 2K extra.....very happy with jacks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts