Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously considering, but holding off until I can get into and drive the demo model.

Per Woodstock Powersports, they are hoping to have it on hand by 11/26 or so.

Any other Chicago area folks? If so, where did you order and any info you can share on the experience so far?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Woodstock got them in on Tuesday, my wife and I went to check them out today...placed our deposit!

Reactions: Contact Tower

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hey, how long you think it'd take me to get to woodstock tomorrow from let's say midway airport area

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would say 1 1/2 hours to Woodstock. They had 8 pre-orders, were hoping to deliver by the first of the year...

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ron at Woodstock said he was thinking March for orders now. Fine by me. Would only be 'spent money' sitting in a garage for 4 months.

Oh, and Chicago crew - keep your eyes peeled. I'm a bit of a court jester and party planner. With the Lotus gang, I routinely organized 'spirited drives'. Great twisties to enjoy cars that love twisties. My plan is to do the same when I get an SS in spring.

There are some great 'far' routes, but also some pretty decent local ones. I've refined some great routes - one that starts in Hampshire and wraps in Lake Geneva, another that starts in Yorkville and heads up to Starved Rock and another nice close one that starts in western St Charles and heads west and south from there - some great country road twisties - perfect for a vehicle like this. Did that route with a my Lotus right before Halloween (with a buddy in his M5) and ran across a group of guys in Astons doing it - including the brand new Zagato. Crazy!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey guys, I have had mine for a week and I live in Aurora. If you want to see it in person and check it out. PM me and we can set something up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My brother and I just went on Friday, the 12th of Dec. and placed our deposits for 2 of the SS-SL, Ron from Woodstock said we can expect them this month actually. So we are excited to see these actually come to life. We did not test drive them, but based on this forum and reviews, WE CAN'T WAIT!

I would like to see if we can set up a meet in early spring to build a community around these.

I am all about customizing and building peak performance and comfort luxuries. Here are some of my ideas

Windscreens-to help keep that insides noise down and be able to drive this to business meetings without having to wear a hat.

Tech Gadgets-iPhone 6 mount and integrations, Bluetooth headphones that eliminate wind noise and provide great audio feedback for calls while driving.

Customizing-Wrap vs PlastiDip. I am all about uniqueness and creative. So I want to see what we can do to these things.

Performance-Build a community of aftermarket parts, Intake, Exhaust, Tune, Tires etc...

RoadTrips-Get on the road and let's plan some long distance events.

Just some ideas....look forward to being part of the team.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
My brother and I just went on Friday, the 12th of Dec. and placed our deposits for 2 of the SS-SL, Ron from Woodstock said we can expect them this month actually. So we are excited to see these actually come to life. We did not test drive them, but based on this forum and reviews, WE CAN'T WAIT!
Congratulation BrotherSS#1, welcome to the forum!:)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Nielsens and something not right with the math. Mine was $23999 doc fee of $85, freight of $249 tax and new plates. For you to be only $200 more they'd have to be not selling the unit for retail. If that's the case, good deal for you!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Here's my bill of sale to compare. But I called Woodstock and they were just above $700 on the exact same deal. New slingshot, no trade and new plates.
image.jpg

·
Registered
78 Posts
And btw... Not trying to get you to switch your dealer, just about the greater good of helping a fellow member save money. More money for the mods you mentioned. Good luck with your purchase. You'll love the Slingshot. It definetely has its issues, but it's good fun.

If for some reason your dealer won't match the price. The salesperson I use is Mike Hamzuik. I've bought many powersports vehicles from him since 1994. He's a great guy. Drove from Aurora to Lake Villa to do business with him.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

I would like to see if we can set up a meet in early spring to build a community around these.

I am all about customizing and building peak performance and comfort luxuries. Here are some of my ideas

Windscreens-to help keep that insides noise down and be able to drive this to business meetings without having to wear a hat.

Tech Gadgets-iPhone 6 mount and integrations, Bluetooth headphones that eliminate wind noise and provide great audio feedback for calls while driving.

Customizing-Wrap vs PlastiDip. I am all about uniqueness and creative. So I want to see what we can do to these things.

Performance-Build a community of aftermarket parts, Intake, Exhaust, Tune, Tires etc...

RoadTrips-Get on the road and let's plan some long distance events.

Just some ideas....look forward to being part of the team.
Welcome! I plan on pulling the trigger on mine when we thaw in Spring. Evomind just got his so I'll get check her out.

He and I come from the Lotus community. I tended to be the resident court jester 'round those parts. I've organized and led dozens of 'spirited drives'. The long distance/overnight thing is like herding cats and I kinda gave up on it.

I've found the ones that have the most success and fun are short half day drives. I've refined about a half dozen awesome routes with minimal traffic and lots of twisties. One great route starts in Western St Charles and works south and west from there (and can go up to Starved Rock). Another starts in Hampshire and goes up to Lake Geneva. A further venture out (that we'd do once a season) starts in New Glarus, WI (2 hours to get there) and goes through the 'Alphabet Roads' which are arguably the bed driving roads in the Midwest. You also have the Mindoro Cut roads and the stuff near Galena/Scales Mound/etc.

Not sure what type of drives folks like to do. I've been part of drives with certain exotics clubs (Ferrari, Lambo, McLaren) and they were kamikaze pilots. I'm not interested in that. I've also been on drives where we get stuck behind a bunch of Harley guys cruising at 17 miles below the speed limit. I prefer nice open twisty country roads where we can engage in some nice 'spirited' fun, but nothing stupid.

Perhaps it's vanity, but I love the visual of a single type of vehicle or marque driving along. I can recall drives of 25 plus Lotuses in all the crazy skittles colors. Literally snap the necks of farmers and small town folk. I would imagine a cadre of 10 plus Slingshots would elicit the same response - especially as folks start customizing them (I for one, plan to wrap my panels in Lambo Green/Jeep Gecko Green).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts