Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A popular YouTube car enthusiast SuperspeedersRob took "his" Slingshot out for a drive. He compared it to a fondue pot. Hated everything about it. But then again he is a Ferrari / Porsche guy. It's entertaining if nothing else. Also funny that most of the comments posted below the video aren't even about the SS.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Guy is an idiot, review it for what it is. Only thing he is right about is it could use more power, but then so could have my old Carrera.....If wanted a car....

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,801 Posts
The only thing keeping me in the SS at this point is not picking up the GTR I wanted a few weeks ago. Guess that means I just have to boost the SS and see how long it will keep me happy. lol

·
Registered
827 Posts
I couldn't listen to him any longer than just over three minutes. I found it super funny that he had the steering wheel adjusted all the way up and it really looked uncomfortable to drive. LOL. I won't take his word for anything.

·
Registered
107 Posts
A popular YouTube car enthusiast SuperspeedersRob took "his" Slingshot out for a drive. He compared it to a fondue pot. Hated everything about it. But then again he is a Ferrari / Porsche guy. It's entertaining if nothing else. Also funny that most of the comments posted below the video aren't even about the SS.
Man you need to learn how to drive, just listening to the sound of your shift pattern

·
Registered
243 Posts
50% pompous ass and 50% NERD! I like how he gives the impression he owns all of the vehicles inside the garage found at the start and end of the video! I'm pretty sure he doesn't own all of the vehicles inside the garage. Looks like it would be more vehicles than Jay Leno, LOL. For a YouTuber, he's not close to being as smart as he thinks he is! In the video, whoever was filming it, had at least 3 of the vehicles license plates in plain view. Not a smart thing to do at all, especially if he really owns all of them. I'm sure this tool has a few enemies out there. So now they can find out where he possibly lives or at least stores his vehicles, not too smart!

·
Registered
243 Posts
All I noticed was while he was driving he had a big smile on his face
Haha, yeah I noticed that as well!! Thats why I gave his overall persona a 50% for pompous a$$ and 50% nerd, lol. I actually think he enjoyed it as well. He looked like he was having a blast. He waved at all the people who were waving and honking their horns at him while he was driving it. So yeah, I agree he looked like he was having a good time. I guess he thought he would get some additional feedback by putting it down. Which he is getting many comments for sure, haha. Have a good one

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Haha, yeah I noticed that as well!! Thats why I gave his overall persona a 50% for pompous a$$ and 50% nerd, lol. I actually think he enjoyed it as well. He looked like he was having a blast. He waved at all the people who were waving and honking their horns at him while he was driving it. So yeah, I agree he looked like he was having a good time. I guess he thought he would get some additional feedback by putting it down. Which he is getting many comments for sure, haha. Have a good one
Yes indeed. It is tough to hide the Slingshot "perma-grin"!

·
Vendor
259 Posts
Maybe he is mad because his $20k slingshot gets more attention than his super cars. Honestly though the SS isn't about being the fastest, most quiet, comfortable vehicle of all time. Its about fun and does that very very well. Always puts a smile on my face.

·
Super Moderator
2,871 Posts
I thought his review was "pretty good." He only addressed YouTubers in that stupid "hey everyone" way once at the beginning. Sure, his attempt at humor kind of bombed where the blonde wanted to hitch a ride until she saw him (and he blames it on the Slingshot--dude, she thumbed you over--it's you), and at the end she's asking if it's his dad's car, but whatever, for YouTube it's pretty good.

What I give him credit for is he touched on what the Slingshot is, pretty weak in the brake department, flappy plastic hood, and 4th really lets a person down. Drifting does look lame. Oh, and the shocks suck. Compared to a sports car it is really weak in stock form. At least he didn't bash the steering wheel and whatever that is Polaris uses for a shifter.

He did miss the mark in that it's also half the price of a sports car (or less), chicks do anything to get a ride (at least that's my experience), and it's a lot of fun. If I drove a stock Slingshot in some god forsaken country where there was nobody to comment on the looks (like Iowa), uh, it wouldn't be as much fun. (I should note Polaris fixed the hood flap, kind of a responsible thing there.)

Given the previous comments you might think I'm as much of a tool as...as..., whatever his name was. However, look at the mods that go on here--most people customize something initially and keep going until they really love their Slingshot. Many dump $5,000 into it and then add a turbocharger (another $5,000 or more). Stock is a good canvas that people love to paint.

---
Let's take an obligatory moment to clear the air, if you're a flower bender we know you love your almost-completely-stock Slingshot, but we also know you made a few changes. You're probably still grabbing the "adult toy store stock shift thing," and that's your business, we're happy for you.
---

I'd like to give recognition to @MICKEYFD for his idea and execution. That's one noticeable ride!
4617-1471749078-c66cb6adb568614922f0e95c868b5bd2[1].jpg

If you're not aware, I love Slingshots and seeing what other people have done with them. Owners tend to be awesome, plus come up with really cool stuff. The Slingshot isn't perfect, but is an affordable "concept car" that you can do otherwise unimaginable things to.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am sort of with you WI_Hedgehog. He noted some of the reasons why I haven't purchased yet... I keep wondering "Why are so many for sale so soon after purchase?" - people seem to buy one and the novelty wears off quickly or appears to. Now if you have a good club/group to go out with then that is a super big plus! For now, I will continue to read and wonder and perhaps jump in at some point (winters are not nice in my area)..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts