Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

Another new issue to watch - re:Cruise control

5K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  WI_Hedgehog 
#1 ·
If we don't already have enough little issues to deal with on the s/s, I thought I'd post one that happened yesterday that I don't believe anyone has posted about before. It sure takes you by surprise when (or if) it happens, so beware. I was using the cruise control like I usually do at highway speeds when it's safe to do so. I had it set for 65 mph and it worked great and there were no issues. As I approached one of the reduced speed areas entering a town, I did as I alway do and tapped the brakes and the c/c disengaged - again just like it should. A few miles later on a two lane part of the road and in a 35 mph zone, I was going to pass a car in front of me, so I put the left turn signal on. After making the pass, I put the right turn signal on. HOLLY CRAP, WHAT'S THIS? The s/s took off like a rapped ape until I hit the brakes to control the acceleration. Somehow, when I used the turn signal lever, it triggered the "resume" function of the c/c. Thinking it could have been ridder error as it was still early in the morning, I tried it again a couple miles latter when the traffic was not as heavy. YUP, same thing . This time I'm 100% sure it wasn't me touching anything but the lever and no where near the end of the stick. It only did it when the lever was engaging the right turn signal, but had no change if I went to the left turn. Needless to say, it will be recorded on file with my Polaris dealer even if they test it and say "no problem found". Just keep this in the back of your mind if it ever happens to you.

See less See more
#4 ·
On a recent 2400 mile round trip I had a chance to use cruise quite a bit.

Took some getting use to. The resume is the slide and would be easy hit when activating the turn.

I still have trouble getting it working smoothly...and since 20 Mar I've got over 5200 miles.....lots of hwy.

#8 ·
Setting the "resume" button on our 2015 has always resulted in a "set you back into your seat" acceleration until reaching the set speed. If you are not prepared for it, it can prove to be quite exciting where several folks have complained about this over the years. But this is something I now know to expect and it has just become another quirk of owning a SlingShot. But for the SlingShot just to take off on its own, however, is entirely another matter and thank you for the heads up!
Bill

#10 ·
Yes mine has done that for years. I had turn signal unit replaced and cruise control will scare you. If you cruising at 70mph on interstate and tough the brakes to disconnect cruise control and come to a stop at the exit ramp and turn on the left turn signal it will go back to 70 right now!! I have a 2015 SL with 60000 miles. I love my slingshot but know what not to do,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.