Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think that's a GREAT price, considering what this thing is... Just watch, this is going to open an entirely NEW segment for all local racetracks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I dunno... I think that is a great price for one with all the options. About the same price as a base Mazda MX5 but quite a bit cooler and probably even more fun to drive.

Just as long as Polaris did a good job with vehicle dynamics/handling, they have me sold!

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
That is the SL version. The base is $19k, and to be honest I'd probably get the base anyway and just add the options I want. I'm not a fan of the SL wheels which is a big chunk of the price difference.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i just saw the base price of 19,999 ... so yeah as said right where it needs to be ... now, looking at their advertised range of 250 miles per their website and considering the 9.5 gallon tank thats only 26 mpg - kinda strange for such a light vehicle

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
I think most people will have a hard time not ripping through the gears in this thing and I think that's why the mpgs are low :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
i just saw the base price of 19,999 ... so yeah as said right where it needs to be ... now, looking at their advertised range of 250 miles per their website and considering the 9.5 gallon tank thats only 26 mpg - kinda strange for such a light vehicle
I'm guessing that range is a mixed city and hwy. Probably see around 32-35 on hwy only. Despite the light weight, it probably takes a rather substantial aerodynamic backseat to a modern automobile. Enough to possibly counter much of the mpg savings from the lighter weight.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm guessing that range is a mixed city and hwy. Probably see around 32-35 on hwy only. Despite the light weight, it probably takes a rather substantial aerodynamic backseat to a modern automobile. Enough to possibly counter much of the mpg savings from the lighter weight.
I'm thinking you're right. Probably a lot of drag given the width is similar to a full size car but the cockpit is completely open, not sure how much money Polaris would have spent tuning the aero on this thing.

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
I'm thinking you're right. Probably a lot of drag given the width is similar to a full size car but the cockpit is completely open, not sure how much money Polaris would have spent tuning the aero on this thing.
I would be surprised if it spent much time in a wind tunnel. Maybe enough to make sure it doesn't lift off at 100 mph.

I would suspect that it will be around 22 city 33 hwy. I will take that over the Raptor and GT500 - both get 14 combined with my right root. ;)

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
Also, I would bet that it wasn't EPA tested for fuel economy so they may be conservative.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wow, total score on this new vehicle!!! Love it and the price is about the same as a new Harley Street Glide, can't go wrong with that!!!! I got to get me one of these!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would be surprised if it spent much time in a wind tunnel. Maybe enough to make sure it doesn't lift off at 100 mph.

I would suspect that it will be around 22 city 33 hwy. I will take that over the Raptor and GT500 - both get 14 combined with my right root. ;)
Agree on the fuel economy, it's not really all that bad. I got rid of my 2011 GT because I needed a fuel efficient car to go back and forth to work. If I get a slingshot it'll just be for fun.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
anyone have an opinion concerning the ride height? I am living in the country with some gravel roads - wonder how it would do

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
It's probably not going to like gravel roads very much. Not much protection from flying debris under there.

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
I'm sure you'd be fine as long as you took it easy. It is low, but nothing you couldn't manage as long as you didn't put a wheel into a deep pothole.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts