Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to do a few fluid changes switching everything to Amsoil. Just in case anyone else wants to do the same here is a list of part numbers you need to do for Engine oil, Engine oil filter, Transmission oil, and angle drive oil.

SAE 80W-90 Synthetic Gear Lube3
AGLQT-EA
Quantity: 1

$8.05

Synthetic Manual Transmission and Transaxle Gear Lube (75W-90) API GL-4 : 1 QUART3
MTGQT-EA
Quantity: 3

$34.35

Signature Series 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil3
ASLQT-EA
Quantity: 5

$39.25

Absolute Efficiency Oil Filter
EA15K03-EA
Quantity: 1

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've became a premium customer for Amsoil last month, they've given me a discount on all products. I am very satisfied with the performance it gives my SS, thanks for your post.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Pretty sure Polaris upped the Angle Drive oil to 75-140 and the manual calls for GL-3 oil in the transmission. There are a couple of brands (forget which ones) that claim their GL-4 can be used but when I get ready to change I'll just go with the Polaris brand of synthetic which is labeled GL-3. I like Amsoil products but for these motors calling for 5000 mile oil changes, its a waste of good oil. Thus far, I've used Mobil1 but I have
a jug of Pennz Plat for the next change that I got on sale. Both these oils, in any car on the road, is good for a minimum of 7500-10,000 miles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts