Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

Amplifier ventilation

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  x-harley rider 
#1 ·
I have a '17 Base. I've added a radio with a Clarion 4 channel. It's all mounted behind the dash. I am adding a sub in the passenger storage area. I bought a Wet Sounds 6 channel to replace the Clarion. My question, is there adequate ventilation in the storage areas to mount this amp in the opposite compartment of the sub? Do I need to drill some holes to evacuate the heat generated by this amp?

#2 ·
there are a few variables... how hard are you going to be pushing the system. the local temperature and that model of amp. I'm guessing its not a marine amp. you could mount it under the passenger seat or driver seat. I went with driver side as I wanted to keep the "larger" storage bin free. my 3 amps are marine and are behind/ under drivers seat.

Otherwise.... you could tri it and see how warm it gets and add a vent if needed.

#3 ·
I live in the midwest. Summers get hot. I know the storage gets rather warm just from road heat. This is a marine amp. It has a large footprint, so mounting under a seat is not an option.

#4 ·
Humm well there is room under the rear deck if you take it apart. Other wise I am not there sonic can not see the parts you are working with. Hard to imagine 1 amp bigger than my 3. Sorry I couldn't help. Mount it in and run the system see how warm it gets in the storage box I guess.

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.