Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my alternator died today. At 1000 RPM it puts out no more than what the battery level is at. If I keep it running it long enough it dies when the battery gets down to around 10 Volts. So yeah its dead. Unfortunately I live about 70 miles from the dealer and paying for a tow is not really ideal, especially since it would cost more than buying an alternator. Is it worth it get a high amp alternator? I don't suppose Polaris would let me swap out the alternator since my dealer is so far away. I have a car trailer and truck but what a nuisance. Thoughts?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Check your local autoparts stores.. 2.4L Chev Cobalt alternator. You can buy them pretty cheap. Very easy to swap out. Rebuilts can be had around $50, new for around $150.

Here is a brand new Bosch alternator for $125 shipped (with 25% off coupon, advanced auto). Double check that its right before ordering. I didnt check it that close.

WW

·
Registered
41 Posts
@wickedwebby, thanks for the tip on the Zcobalt. But i have a question. Do I look for any particular year Cobalt or does any year work? Also how do I make sure it fits? Just all Chevy Cobslts with the 2.4 liter will be OK?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I had battery problems at first then changed and updated to a Yellow top battery. Then a few months later the alternator went bad and it was replaced under warranty. I have a 2016 with over 20 grand on it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts