Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If your happy with your stock stereo in your SS but want a little more fullness from it and your not willing to give up your storage compartments? I have a solution. I installed a "under the car seat" sub in my SS but in the foot well of the passenger side. hear is a list of items you need.
Cerwin Vega VPAS10 sub
subwoofer install kit. (all the wires you need)
24x24 black ABS 1/16
black speaker box carpet
spray glue
3m VHB dubble sided tape
Run all your wires and connect the high level input of the amp to your speaker pods (just use a clamp on coupler)
Install the sub box in the passenger side foot well.
measure out the size for the ABS and start cutting. cut it large then use your knife to start fitting it. Also cut out the hole for the speaker.
Use the double sided tape on the speaker.
spray glue on the ABS and attach the speaker carpet on it.
trim the outside and place it on the speaker.
done.
Now you have a sub that is not taking up your rear compartments and you are using the stock sound system.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You only lose about 3 inches. My wife hardly ever rides with me. My kids ride with me but not much. I'm usually a loner. Another good point about the install is that the sub costs about $220 with all the parts. A rear pod, woofer, amp will end up costing about $450.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Yeah, good idea, but would be very bad for me as I often have passengers with me and leg room, especially on passenger side, is very limited. 3 inches can be the difference of comfort for a quick trip around the block or comfort for hundreds of miles across country.... This is one mod I will for sure be passing on. You did a good job finishing it off though!

·
Registered
468 Posts
This looks very interesting & a 10" Sub , you also have full movement of your seat...Im wondering is there anyone out there in the real world with this installed

Slingshot Fiberglass Floorpans

1 - 11 of 11 Posts