Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Sounds good. If that Orange one is it, looks like its been added colored decals on Polaris logo and colored grill to match. Let us know how it goes. Congrats. (y)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. Yes it has many upgrades. I will post more pics next week so I can get your expertise in identifying them. The original owner did purchase the cover, alarm, helmets with intercoms, helmet travel bags, led lighting, rear fender, and roof. I am getting everything except the roof as I assume he sold that separately.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Picked up my ride on Friday..... very impressed so far! Even though the weather was a bit chilly I drove it to work yesterday (was 0 on the way to work and 7 degrees and sunny on the way home). I would have not taken my Harley out with it that cold so at least I’ve got that going for me, to use a famous quote, lol.

Just to give a bit of background on my vehicle history. I have owned 3 motorcycles - currently have a 2006 Harley CVO Screamin Eagle Fatboy. I have also owned 20-30 sports cars over the last 30 years and have always had small nimble cars - I currently have a 2000 Lotus Exige S1 and a 2003 Superformance S1 ( look it up online, similar to Lotus Super 7). I also have a 2006 Hummer H2 but not very compatible to a Slingshot!

2 things I did notice:
1) even though the shifter is nice and short, the throws are too long. I will be ordering the short shifter kit.
2) the throttle response is a bit sluggish for “spirited” driving. Nice to see there is a fix for that also. Anybody installed the SlingMods Throttle Response Controller? I may consider it.

Like I said love it so far and looking forward to next spring as there won’t be too many more days this season to take it out but you never know? Come on Global Warming! Ron.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Picked up my ride on Friday..... very impressed so far! Even though the weather was a bit chilly I drove it to work yesterday (was 0 on the way to work and 7 degrees and sunny on the way home). I would have not taken my Harley out with it that cold so at least I’ve got that going for me, to use a famous quote, lol.

Just to give a bit of background on my vehicle history. I have owned 3 motorcycles - currently have a 2006 Harley CVO Screamin Eagle Fatboy. I have also owned 20-30 sports cars over the last 30 years and have always had small nimble cars - I currently have a 2000 Lotus Exige S1 and a 2003 Superformance S1 ( look it up online, similar to Lotus Super 7). I also have a 2006 Hummer H2 but not very compatible to a Slingshot!

2 things I did notice:
1) even though the shifter is nice and short, the throws are too long. I will be ordering the short shifter kit.
2) the throttle response is a bit sluggish for “spirited” driving. Nice to see there is a fix for that also. Anybody installed the SlingMods Throttle Response Controller? I may consider it.

Like I said love it so far and looking forward to next spring as there won’t be too many more days this season to take it out but you never know? Come on Global Warming! Ron.
I put the pedal commander on my 2020 R manual and the throttle response is much quicker.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I put the Pedal Commander on mine and after a couple weeks decided it's not for me. It works as advertised and I did find a setting I liked, but on the country roads around me I felt like I was too jumpy on the pedal whenever I hit a bump. I plan to sell it slightly used for $220 shipped to anyone interested...

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Mine is a 16.5 and the model is PC-152 for the '15/'16 Slingshot so no bueno for your new SLR. Congrats on the new machine - looks like it'll have good company in the stable!

And definitely do the short shifter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[Mine is a 16.5 and the model is PC-152 for the '15/'16 Slingshot so no bueno for your new SLR./QUOTE]

Sure tease me with a good deal and then tell me that I can’t have it! Lol.

I have an internet friend, never met him, who lives in Orillia. Are you close to that town?
Yes I am about an hour away from Orillia.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts