Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,817 Posts
@jookyone Is looking in to a set up I believe.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
@jookyone Is looking in to a set up I believe.
Indeed I did, but going into the winter with this project just wasn't in the cards. The company I was talking to was EV Drive. (http://EVDrive.com) they were only willing to do either serious production runs or a SEMA build and they estimated a year to do it, so next year's SEMA is out of the question. The price of entry for proving the concept and design of the system was $6k for a phase one. That money would go into a phase two where they would actually build the thing, and I believe they owned all rights on SEMA builds. I may revisit this in the spring or summer, but kind of waiting for another company to shake out some things. Not really interested in doing a one off and not come away with any IP.

Cheers.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Indeed I did, but going into the winter with this project just wasn't in the cards. The company I was talking to was EV Drive. (http://EVDrive.com) they were only willing to do either serious production runs or a SEMA build and they estimated a year to do it, so next year's SEMA is out of the question. The price of entry for proving the concept and design of the system was $6k for a phase one. That money would go into a phase two where they would actually build the thing, and I believe they owned all rights on SEMA builds. I may revisit this in the spring or summer, but kind of waiting for another company to shake out some things. Not really interested in doing a one off and not come away with any IP.

Cheers.

Interesting! I would guess a few years out from now, the options will be increased weather aftermarket or stock.
I had the AWD SRT8 Jeep and loved the launch!

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Well, I have access to engine with drive train with ECU and will crunch some numbers to see what kind of $$$ this will be.
@Turbosling is already successful with the V8 installed already and the team at Alpha are the best group of people dedicated to innovate ideas and doing things the right way. They have thier hands full with 2 V8 installations and a 4 wheel conversation in the works and they're 2500 some miles away, so I'm having a Special Effects Coordinator see what this project will cost. Here's a preview of;

5.7L Chrysler Hemi with all the fixings to adapt into the SS
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

ECM unit still connected
image.jpeg

Anything is possible right? It's just how much $$$'s someone is willing to spend to make it happen.

Attachments

·
Registered
567 Posts
That mess sitting on floor weights as much as Slingshot weights now..
That would be a lot higher center of gravity going into corners .

·
Registered
925 Posts
Well, I have access to engine with drive train with ECU and will crunch some numbers to see what kind of $$$ this will be.
@Turbosling is already successful with the V8 installed already and the team at Alpha are the best group of people dedicated to innovate ideas and doing things the right way. They have thier hands full with 2 V8 installations and a 4 wheel conversation in the works and they're 2500 some miles away, so I'm having a Special Effects Coordinator see what this project will cost. Here's a preview of;

View attachment 42252
View attachment 42249

ECM unit still connected
View attachment 42250

Anything is possible right? It's just how much $$$'s someone is willing to spend to make it happen.
I like where your going with this!!!! :):)

·
Registered
4,597 Posts

View attachment 42252
View attachment 42249

ECM unit still connected
View attachment 42250

That is one BIG ass MOFO to stuff in the sling bay but it can be done!

·
Registered
4,125 Posts

View attachment 42252
View attachment 42249

ECM unit still connected
View attachment 42250

Where there is a will, there is a way!

I like where your head is at and it would be awesome to see that powertrain stuffed in your Sling.

·
Registered
828 Posts

View attachment 42252
View attachment 42249

ECM unit still connected
View attachment 42250

WELCOME BACK VIC!!!

oh man, if the numbers come out less than 20k. it might be worth going this route rather than turbo+4wheel conversion.

i would take awd over 2rwd any day.

btw, what was the donor car? just curious

·
W.H.O.R.E. (We Haul Our Ride Everywhere)
1,601 Posts
I am surprised the "Drag strip" boys haven't taken on a front wheel drive only conversion project yet. I would think it would have to improve the launch. Although I'm not sure it would handle well in the twisties with a non-driven wheel trailing behind it ?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
WELCOME BACK VIC!!!

oh man, if the numbers come out less than 20k. it might be worth going this route rather than turbo+4wheel conversion.

i would take awd over 2rwd any day.

btw, what was the donor car? just curious
Been busy in Vegas and my weekends are up in Big Bear teaching skiing/snowboarding.
The donor is a Dodge Charger, Chrysler gave us a handful to destroy, here's the after math;
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

This one we modified so the actor looks like he's really driving all controls are in the front;
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I'm giving away secrets now.
Anyways when things slow down I'll come out and play.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I compare this to when I was driving Honda Hurricane 1000 back in 1987 and you could corner like no other bike you owned
before and you go to bike shows and V-8 Boss Hogs appears and barely holding it up and backing it up all for show .
Sure cool to look at but never going to go around corners and have the fun factor that was meant for 2 wheel motorcycles.
So the same is true with 3 wheelers. It is a fun vehicle the SS Turbo or N/A and how it feels . Now put more power/weight and now
bigger transmissions,bigger brakes,bigger tires and just to much weight for just having fun .
But if someone makes it I am sure they will sell it also .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts