Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
thanks that is just part of large oil paintings I do. Using pop and Americana images. I also do fabulous car /chrome paintings that I can share with you guys some time or IM and I can send some pic. or post here? how do you do it? what res do I need? any interest. I could paint a pic of you car?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Ok, I will try to send some of the images. Please note that all these images are of large oil paintings (60" by 45") on canvas.
I have many more and you can see them on my website. I also travel the country duriing the summer exhibiting at gallery, museums and art fairs. So maybe we can hook up and you can see them in person. So let me see if I can upload some.
I have reduced the resolution so I don't know how clear they will be.
Let me know what you think, If you would like a smaller print for yourself or maybe commission an original of your cars?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Sorry, I hit the send button. So here are the photos

Attachments

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
YESSSS! You might just need to commission something for me for my swingin' 60s Brady Bunch house.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry, I hit the send button. So here are the photos
Brian, this is great stuff. What sort of price range to these fall into. I recently had commissioned an artist to do all the cereal characters playing in a cereal bowl, but I like your stuff even more. Her's were in water colors.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Nice pic. Mine are original oil on canvas. 60" by 45", with black thin frame around them. They are very brillant in color. These range in price of $8,000. They are impressive and are always the center piece of any room they are placed in.
I just had a one person show at the South Shore Arts Museum in Musnter, Indiana for the 3 summer months. I am also in the State of Illinois Museum group show in Chicago (two large works). This exhibition has taken the best of Illinois artists and will display their work for 2 years. It will be in Chicago to see until Feb- 2015, then it will move to the two other Illinois State Museums and close sometime in 2016. I usually sell several of them a year so the ones you see may already be sold. But I still have lots of new work that I am working on even as I wait for the Slingshot!
If you have any questions you can IM me and exhange phone numbers.
Thanks again for all your post. The info is great. the wait is painful.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Kip it says you live in Lansing, MI. I am looking at applying to an art fair this summer in East Lansing. Have you ever been there? To the fair that is. This is the one downtown, there is also a craft fair at MSU campus on the same date: May 16-17, 2015. any info would be helpful. It seems that this is a highend kind of fair. So It may help if I show my large paintings. But definately not at the craft fair.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Kip it says you live in Lansing, MI. I am looking at applying to an art fair this summer in East Lansing. Have you ever been there? To the fair that is. This is the one downtown, there is also a craft fair at MSU campus on the same date: May 16-17, 2015. any info would be helpful. It seems that this is a highend kind of fair. So It may help if I show my large paintings. But definately not at the craft fair.
There are tons of art fairs that happen around here all summer. Sound like you're talking about the East Lansing Art Fest.
Have you ever considered entering the BIG world-reknown festival in Grand Rapids, ArtPrize?

Sorry for being off-topic. PM me if you want to know more!

·
Registered
424 Posts
I am working on a big wall murel for next year Art Prize. Maybe by then we will all have our SS and can rally over to Grand Rapids.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts