·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Thank you, everyone. You're all too kind! :happy:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Shatneyman, are you serious about ordering it last July, like in 2014???? You've been waiting for 6 months already?
Rami; if you read way back on some of these posts, a lot of us have been waiting for 6 months, some people started waiting when they saw the first drawings of the SS in 2013

·
Registered
110 Posts
Rami; if you read way back on some of these posts, a lot of us have been waiting for 6 months, some people started waiting when they saw the first drawings of the SS in 2013
That's crazy, man. I really hope it doesn't take that long for mine. I will be pretty upset. Is the Slingshot really selling this well or is production just limited. I really would like to get mine for when the weather gets better. If they don't get it to me in 6 months, I would tell them to keep it and wait for the next year round. I can't do anything with this thing from about September to March in New York.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I hope this "recall" doesn't screw things up. Mine doesn't make excessive noise, my steering wheel is spot on, I don't have RPM flair up, my rpms do hang a little when shifting but I'm not on a race track so I can live with that. I'll be really pissed if they "fix" my SL then I start having all these other issues..........just sayin.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Me to. I know when I picked mine up the dealer did not have a lift let alone any way to do a wheel alignment. I'm sure most dealer techs have never done a wheel alignment with anything with 2 wheels in the front. The old tape measure will not cut it on these.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Me to. I know when I picked mine up the dealer did not have a lift let alone any way to do a wheel alignment. I'm sure most dealer techs have never done a wheel alignment with anything with 2 wheels in the front. The old tape measure will not cut it on these.
I went to Full Throttle yesterday, saleman said mine would be the first one fixed. Mine gets to be the practice SS.

·
Registered
915 Posts
FWIW, I spoke to my dealer yesterday, he actually called me!!!! I have all four issues on my VIN. He said it's not actually four issues. It's 1) the steering issue, 2) the roll bar issue, 3) inspect the clutch switch issue and 4) Fix the clutch switch issue if needed. Makes sense to me. He also said that since Polaris is reimbursing them for transport, they will be picking it up and dropping it back off at my house once it's repaired. He's hoping he'll have the parts by the end of the month.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just got off the phone with my dealer same they will tow it and polaris will reimburse them. He also has the procedure to replace the rack. Polaris has given them all the measurements to reset the tow and get the wheel straight. Then they need to reset the steering angle sensor when done. I'm still a bit concerned about them doing it. I would rather do it my self but im guessing polaris would not do that on a safety recall.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
So out of curiousity does the clutch switch have anything to do with the RPM issues? Thanks for posting the bulletins on here!
We will find out if there is correlation on the units that have frayed wiring and need them replaced. The shearing or pinching of the wires may be what leads to the issue... somehow.

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
BY the time "business-friendly" Texas finally allows Polaris to sell us and then register the Slingshot, hopefully all of these issues as well as the RPM flare and who know what else might arise will be resolved. Don't expect me to thank the Texas DMV for the undesired, enforced wait, though.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I am a little confused about the Recall read-out when you put in your VIN at
http://www.polaris.com/en-us/rider-support/recalls

I assume all SS are subject to the recalls, and if you enter your VIN into the recall database the ones that apply to your vehicle will have something printing in the Bracketed fields of the report.

All blank brackets mean that that particular item / recall does not apply to your vehicle.

Is that correct?

I thought I had seen one printed out that had the Bracketed fields filled in with information that applies to your vehicle!

When I enter my VIN, I get all 4 notices WITHOUT any of the bracketed fields filled in, so does that mean I am not subject to any of the recalls?

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
I am a little confused about the Recall read-out when you put in your VIN at
http://www.polaris.com/en-us/rider-support/recalls

I assume all SS are subject to the recalls, and if you enter your VIN into the recall database the ones that apply to your vehicle will have something printing in the Bracketed fields of the report.

All blank brackets mean that that particular item / recall does not apply to your vehicle.

Is that correct?

I thought I had seen one printed out that had the Bracketed fields filled in with information that applies to your vehicle!

When I enter my VIN, I get all 4 notices WITHOUT any of the bracketed fields filled in, so does that mean I am not subject to any of the recalls?
If your vin shows ANY recall numbers, forget about anything else that's listed afterwards. Yours is on the list for the recall numbers that do show up. If any of the 4 (2 recalls really, and 2 more service bulletins) than those are the ones that apply to your trike.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Ok Fun, go to bed already! Stingray all the bulletins apply to you if they were listed under your vin. They towed mine in yesterday and I talked to them at length afterwards. Mine has the hoops to be replaced, the rack being replaced, inspection and possible clutch switch replacement.
Here is what I was told on the ROLL HOOPS. They etch the metal with a chemical so that the coating will adhere. Apparently there was an improper amount of etching and the hoops didn't meet Polaris specs. That came from the dealer and I believe to be accurate as the have been most forthcoming with the truth.
Having chamber of commerce weather here right now and I am missing my SS as much as anyone I guarantee! It will be back soon... until then, life goes on.:)

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
If your vin shows ANY recall numbers, forget about anything else that's listed afterwards. Yours is on the list for the recall numbers that do show up. If any of the 4 (2 recalls really, and 2 more service bulletins) than those are the ones that apply to your trike.
F.i.t.S. is correct. If you have any questions, contact your dealer.

61 - 80 of 89 Posts