Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
SO I ran a vin number a dealer gave me as a reference for insurance quotes. The SL they have on their show room...

I got the following: 4 recalls stating:
NHTSA Recall Number
{}

Recall Date
Jan 21, 2015

Manufacturer Recall Number
SLI-15-01

Recall Summary
{}

Safety Risk
{}

Remedy
{}

Recall StatusRemedyNotYetAvailable
Manufacturer Notes

{}

What does it mean?
So to be clear, if all 4 show up like this on mine, does this mean I'm getting all 4? Or still to soon to tell?

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I'm in for 4.... 500mile service is going to be a busy one for them. Just hope it doesn't take long. Either way it looks like colder weather is on its way to us in the south. Last 4 days have been a blast. Better now than in the spring.

·
Registered
110 Posts
well, the good thing is, mine won't have any recalls!:p
Shatneyman, I spoke to Polaris and my dealer today. They both said that my vehicle isn't even built yet and when it is built they will have all these issues resolved. I told them to wait more before they build mine! Get even more kinks out... How long you think until we get ours... I ordered mine last week? They said end of February for me??

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Shatneyman, I spoke to Polaris and my dealer today. They both said that my vehicle isn't even built yet and when it is built they will have all these issues resolved. I told them to wait more before they build mine! Get even more kinks out... How long you think until we get ours... I ordered mine last week? They said end of February for me??
well, I ordered mine the last week of July, hope to have it by Aug. - Sept.,...... oh, wait a minute.... I'll get it sometime in 2015, I hope!:p maybe 2 weeks!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I wonder when the 2016 models will be released? Might be worth holding out for one of them.
Part of me was thinking just to wait... But I feel like I am not gonna get it until March anyway. I also think they won't produce the 2016 until September or October when they have all their sh** together... But i think the 2016 will be a much more refined machine.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Shatneyman, are you serious about ordering it last July, like in 2014???? You've been waiting for 6 months already?
yeah! now you know why I've complained about THAT company. But it's 2015, I'll try to turn a new leaf, maybe playing leave it to beaver like other members are doing would be best

·
Registered
20 Posts
Seems like my two weeks starts over just about every two weeks. Dealer told me two weeks ago mine was due to be shipped the week of the 19th. Well maybe they will get the recalls done and shipped out in you guessed it two weeks. Waiting since early Oct. Have FUN

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
The following are all open bulletins from Polaris Industries regarding the 2015 Slingshot, all models:

SLI-15-03B - Clutch Switch Replacement
SLI-15-03A - Clutch Switch Inspection
SLI-15-02 - SAFETY BULLETIN - 2015 Slingshot - Steering Rack Replacement
SLI-15-01 - SAFETY BULLETIN - 2015 Slingshot - Roll Hoop Replacement

Please read each bulletin and contact your dealer for any required followup.

This is big guys. BIG. Polaris has listened to you!

If there are any recall notices issued today, or in relation to these bulletins, I will post them here also.
You are the man
What an amazing job you do for all the members here, we can never thank you enough

41 - 60 of 89 Posts