Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

21 - 40 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
@Kip - Thanks for the info. Quick question - I just queried my Vin on polaris.com - It shows roll hoop, are they replacing all of those as well?

Reactions: Kip

·
Registered
533 Posts
SO I ran a vin number a dealer gave me as a reference for insurance quotes. The SL they have on their show room...

I got the following: 4 recalls stating:
NHTSA Recall Number
{}

Recall Date
Jan 21, 2015

Manufacturer Recall Number
SLI-15-01

Recall Summary
{}

Safety Risk
{}

Remedy
{}

Recall StatusRemedyNotYetAvailable
Manufacturer Notes

{}

What does it mean?

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
SO I ran a vin number a dealer gave me as a reference for insurance quotes. The SL they have on their show room...

I got the following: 4 recalls stating:
NHTSA Recall Number
{}

Recall Date
Jan 21, 2015

Manufacturer Recall Number
SLI-15-01

Recall Summary
{}

Safety Risk
{}

Remedy
{}

Recall StatusRemedyNotYetAvailable
Manufacturer Notes

{}

What does it mean?
SLI-15-01 is 1 of 4 recalls. Are they all not on that first page as you scroll down?

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
SLI-15-03B - Clutch Switch Replacement
SLI-15-03A - Clutch Switch Inspection
SLI-15-02 - SAFETY BULLETIN - 2015 Slingshot - Steering Rack Replacement
SLI-15-01 - SAFETY BULLETIN - 2015 Slingshot - Roll Hoop Replacement

·
Registered
533 Posts
I think I'm just confused by your question, sorry.o_O
it does show all the SLI recall numbers but as I posted, there was no info of what it means. Just stating 4 recall numbers. If you're never been in this Forum and you punch your vin number on the Polaris link you would not have a clue of what the recall is for. The reason I know is thanks to all of you guys.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
it does show all the SLI recall numbers but as I posted, there was no info of what it means. Just stating 4 recall numbers. If you're never been in this Forum and you punch your vin number on the Polaris link you would not have a clue of what the recall is for. The reason I know is thanks to all of you guys.
Exactly as pointed...the purpose/benefit of checking is to cross check your dealer if yours is impacted. it appears december builds are not getting flagged witht he clutch switch one

Reactions: Slingking

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
I see now....:) You're right, I just cross referenced with what Kip posted. If it wasn't for the forum, we'd be in the dark.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I hope with this info the dealers can find out if the ones that are being shipped are part of this recall or not... Still waiting for mine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just got off the phone with my dealer. Gave the vin # (Last 4 of mine 2104)to them about the hoops. The hoops are not affected on mine. As for the rack and pinion I was told it is TOTAL replacement,no rebuild of unit. Polaris says 1.5 hours to r&r.Then they do an alignment and hook up the computer to reset the steering angle. He said that Polaris also will reimburse up to $250.00 on towing to dealer.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thanks for the info, Kip! My SS has all 4 recalls. I just talked with the service manager and he said some of the parts won't even be available until January 30!! There is also some balking at picking my SS up, but we'll wait and see how that plays out. What a pain!

21 - 40 of 89 Posts