Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
I wasn't sure if it was the exact same filter as used on the Chevrolt Equinox, Saturn Sky, or Pontiac Solstice was used here. Polaris may have went with a modded one to fit etc.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wasn't sure if it was the exact same filter as used on the Chevrolt Equanox, Saturn Sky, or Pontiac Solstice was used here. Polaris may have went with a modded one to fit etc.
Its maybe the malibu 2.4 ecotec not sure

·
Vendor
118 Posts
From looking at the parts diagram and a few pictures, it looks like its running a similar setup to a " Ram air" Feeding from the bottom. I think the stock system should work just fine.

·
Registered
792 Posts
True, I like the ram-type setup. But that paper filter? Works great for my morning coffee. K&N filters breathe better. (so they claim)

·
Vendor
118 Posts
True, I like the ram-type setup. But that paper filter? Works great for my morning coffee. K&N filters breathe better. (so they claim)
K&Ns breathe better because they let the dirt in too ;)

·
Vendor
118 Posts
Never, i always run paper filters. I saw a test done some time ago that showed the performance of paper filter vs the fabric style. and the only time the paper restricts flow is when your trying to push through 60,000cfm or more.

or some crazy number like that, i cant recall at this time.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Just wait a few weeks boys. once all these companies get their Slingshots parts will be flowing. Don't go jumping into anything. There will be Slingshot spec parts on the market very soon. I like many others will be making some very cool stuff.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts