Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I bought a big-bad max 619, I thought it was a plug and play. NOT. Any one can help me on this? Did I get the wrong one, or is there a piece I can get that will will make it a plug and play.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So where is Centerville from Eagan? I am a preacher by trade, and slicing wires scares me. Sorry, I can handle plug and play, slice and play...ummm. I could not get your pics to come up, but would like to see them, esp. where you put everything.

·
I have moved on!
2,900 Posts
Ok, so I bought a big-bad max 619, I thought it was a plug and play. NOT. Any one can help me on this? Did I get the wrong one, or is there a piece I can get that will will make it a plug and play.
You can make it plug and play.
I stripped the end of the wires just long enough to fit in the stock plug. Soldered them so that they were stiff enough to slide into the plug. Then folded the wires over and used some heat shrink and tape. Been honking ever since!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can make it plug and play.
I stripped the end of the wires just long enough to fit in the stock plug. Soldered them so that they were stiff enough to slide into the plug. Then folded the wires over and used some heat shrink and tape. Been honking ever since!
So I have no wires running from the horn. Can you be more elaborate for somebody who is totally new at this stuff.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
So where is Centerville from Eagan? I am a preacher by trade, and slicing wires scares me. Sorry, I can handle plug and play, slice and play...ummm. I could not get your pics to come up, but would like to see them, esp. where you put everything.
Centerville, North of White Bear Lake on 35E, West of Hugo and South of Forest Lake. In other words, the opposite side of the Twin cities. Up in the North Country.

·
I have moved on!
2,900 Posts
So I have no wires running from the horn. Can you be more elaborate for somebody who is totally new at this stuff.
Tom
There should be a plug on the stock horn supplying a hot lead and a ground.
If you look at the bottom of the big Boy horn you will see (2) terminal posts, I don't remember if the horn cam with any wiring. If not you just need to make 2 leads from the horn to the plug. If you are not sure which side of the plug is hot you can use a tester.
Sorry I don't have any photos of my install

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Did you follow the whole thread? There were some pretty good pics and alternate locations. Also, the install thread was written and done by @TravAZ , not sure what happened to some of his pics. I do remember something about it's best to utilize a relay with this type of setup. You don't have to, but some did.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Tom
There should be a plug on the stock horn supplying a hot lead and a ground.
If you look at the bottom of the big Boy horn you will see (2) terminal posts, I don't remember if the horn cam with any wiring. If not you just need to make 2 leads from the horn to the plug. If you are not sure which side of the plug is hot you can use a tester.
Sorry I don't have any photos of my install
Polarity does not make any difference on the horn, if I remember correctly

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
If you go to Funcycles Build and look at the engine on the pass. side you will see a Bad Boy mounted in the original location or better yet look just to the outside of the cold air filter you will see another air compressor mounted. The hole is already there you may have to enlarge according to the bolt that you use.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
This is where carol & i installed our horn
it will not hit hood and protected from weather
........................................... tom n carol
IMG_0279.JPG

IMG_0282.JPG

IMG_0281.JPG

1 - 15 of 15 Posts