Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Motorcycle air conditioning: http://www.bikeairusa.com/

I spoke to a rep at BikeAir USA and they will soon have a prototype unit that will work for two users. Once that unit is ready, they will begin making a vest for seated rides such as the SS. The current vest while seated crushes the air passageways. They are about two years out to having a production unit for two seated users.

·
Registered
212 Posts
for $1500 i will just put on a t-shirt instead since we face a lot less road rash potential being belted in, in a crash structure.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
uhm...its a motorcycle? AC? ok, now i am lost.:artist::artist::artist::artist::artist::artist::artist::artist::artist::artist::artist::artist::artist::artist::artist:
The easiest solution for A/C as well as heat would be fairly easy. Stay in Florida for the summer for heat, and move up to MN for winter for A/C. That way you'd have the best of both worlds - NOT lol

·
Registered
620 Posts
Dinger, I have to ask. Have you read "Chickenhawk"?. Only other dinger I know of :)
No never read it , Dinger comes from my name Bedinger , worked in a prison for 28 years and that's what they called me for short in the cell houses.

·
Disruptive --> IG /Facebook
551 Posts
Motorcycle air conditioning: http://www.bikeairusa.com/

I spoke to a rep at BikeAir USA and they will soon have a prototype unit that will work for two users. Once that unit is ready, they will begin making a vest for seated rides such as the SS. The current vest while seated crushes the air passageways. They are about two years out to having a production unit for two seated users.

I think this is a great idea !

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well, I have to agree it is a great idea.....just not sure about the way it is set up...
If you have ever had heat exhaustion, you would love something that can keep you cool. I love to ride and have been in every state in the US (except Hawaii) on a motorcycle. About 15 years ago on the way home from Alaska, we came into 95+ heat and after riding for 10 - 12 hours, it took it's toll on me. We had to stop to get me cooled down....probably should have went to the emergency room, but I took a very cool shower and rested...got plenty of fluids in me. Up at 3 AM and rode the next day in same heat til about 2 PM when we stopped and got another room. Did this for the next 3 days to get home. I can't handle heat very good now and as all of you know, the SS gets hot! Looking for a way to block the engine and drive shaft heat. That would help a lot. I could probably handle the rest of the ambient air heat, but putting both together is tough.

·
Super Moderator
5,848 Posts
Frogg Togg Chilly Pads are great! Dip in water place on neck your temp goes down...the nice thing is they are portable and the water doesn't need to be cold

1 - 19 of 19 Posts