Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am dropping the SS off tomorrow at a fabricator so he can start the molds for speaker pods.
If there is anything you would like incorporated into them let me know and I we see what we can do.
I hope to have something you guys (and girls) can get your hands on very shortly much cheaper and better quality than our option from Polaris.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Great news!

I really would like to see a simple speaker pod that will house a 6.5 inch speaker. Look left in the pic at the frame. This pod would fit just below the bar under the VIN sticker and end at the next bar.

Maybe a spot for a tweeter too. But that is not a deal breaker for me.

My plan is to do 6.5 inch speakers there in the front and 8 inch speakers in the back storage doors. The only thing I need is these pods. Please keep me posted or PM if this guy can make them for me.

Thanks!

Reactions: James McKinney

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Yea. I second a 6.5 in the front. I would also like 4 in the same box and a place for a 1" directional tweeter.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
@RABTECH and @TravAZ
Thanks for your input, it sounds like we are all on pretty much the same page with this. I hope to have some ETA's by Friday.
Can you get these to me by the end of the week?!?! I need them like today! JK ;) ha

Thanks for keeping us in the loop on this.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Are they done yet? o_O;)

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
When I looked at the SL at my dealer's, he pointed out how he felt the OEM speakers seemed to feel like they took up precious leg-space. I noticed that there appears to be room to mount some motorcycle-type speakers under the outside edge of the dash w/o making your legs feel cramped. Mounting some slightly larger, bass-oriented speakers behind the seats should nicely complement the smaller motorcycle-type speakers up front.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think to get 6.5 and 5.25 in there it is going to take some leg space much like the factory pods but we will save as much space as possible.
I really need my storage space behind the seats so I want to be able to get a little base from the front.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
^Completely agree. I would like to see a solution that would leave the storage spaces available. How else am I going to get a loaf of bread, gallon of milk and dozen eggs home? :)

For my purposes enclosures that would provide some options for decent and not high-end performance is optimal. I want them to be as unobtrusive as possible.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I agree with you guys. I want to keep my storage space too! I hope that there system will have all the bells and whistles. Such as gps /dvd/bluetooth /I pod hook up /touch screen.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I agree with you guys. I want to keep my storage space too! I hope that there system will have all the bells and whistles. Such as gps /dvd/bluetooth /I pod hook up /touch screen.
You will be able to put whatever "head unit" in the SS you want. We are just working on the pods for speakers and a few other secret items :)

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Spill the beans mikeKC. :eek: We don't like secrets around here! ;)

1 - 20 of 70 Posts