Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heeli,

I posted this question on another thread but I dont think it registered correctly. I'm about done with an aftermarket radio install. I do have a button for rear camera turn on that works fine. I'm trying to get the reverse trigger to work as well. I spliced into the reverse white wire and ran that ti my aftermarket kenwood radio. The camera only triggers when coming out of reverse into neutral then stays on.

The only other options I can think of are to splice the other wire and run it to the trigger wire or splice the other wire and run both wires to the trigger wire from the radio using a pigtail.

I appreciate any feedback. I know slingmods sells a kit for this but I already have the other wiring from an ssv amp kit I purchased. I hate to spend $ on another kit just for the trigger. I would rather just use the camera button on the unit if that is the only way.

Below is the switch wire and harness
. One white one black. I spliced into the white wire and ran to the trigger.

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
I could be wrong, but, IIRC, Polaris wired the Reverse switch bass ackwards. Try connecting to the black wire and see what happens. Good Luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts