Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think the odds are of someone coming out with an aftermarket kit to convert the rear to two wheels instead of one? The only thing I don't like about the SS is the view of it from the side. And I would think with a 4 wheel aftermarket kit done right, it would handle even better than it already does.

This would be legal issues of going from a "motorcycle" to a "car" aside.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
843 Posts
Firstly there is no AirBag....then it will never be a car! If you can put 2 wheels behind it must be inspected by the agency that handles car and bike license in USA (I do not know the name) and whether the SS passes inspection it will be registered as "artisanal" in Quebec that's how it works ... but indeed good chance that it works!

...and we do not talk about insurance!

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Have things changed on licensing kit cars? I didn't think they required airbags, crash tests, etc. I think converting the SS to a car would make it a kit car.

·
Registered
414 Posts
The idea behind a four wheel conversion is neat, but I just never see myself doing it. I like the fact that it only has three wheels. To me that gives the vehicle an extra special look.

Now an extra fat rear tire on the other hand, I'd be all over that one.

·
Registered
414 Posts
You know someone will do it. Probably not an aftermarket parts seller, but somebody! Course someone will also figure out how to raise the body and put big mud tires on it. :confused:

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm not 100%, but I've never had a vehicle inspection in Florida...maybe do the conversion and just keep registering it as MC.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts