Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wanted to share this as more owners "go turbo" and look for gauges. For those looking at the AEM Wideband Failsafe, it logs over 3 hours of engine parameters and they have a free software product (AEMData) to look at those logs. When you first open AEMData, it looks like a dashboard for a race team, with way more parameters than we really get to tap into on our Slingshots. @iNewton very graciously shared his template/dashboard with me, so I am paying it forward and sharing the one that I have slightly tweaked. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out.

Here is a screenshot of what this one looks like:
upload_2016-3-3_9-54-54.png

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
I wanted to share this as more owners turbo and look for gauges. For those looking at the AEM Wideband Failsafe, it logs over 3 hours of engine parameters and they have a free software product (AEMData) to look at those logs. When you first open AEMData, it looks like a dashboard for a race team, with way more parameters than we really get to tap into on our Slingshots. @iNewton very graciously shared his template/dashboard with me, so I am paying it forward and sharing the one that I have slightly tweaked. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out.

View attachment 46361

Cheers!
Sorry for the hijack high jinx Jook :( Sometimes (okay, maybe all the time) @Mr. Clean & I just can't help ourselves!

image.jpeg

·
I have moved on!
2,899 Posts
I wanted to share this as more owners turbo and look for gauges. For those looking at the AEM Wideband Failsafe, it logs over 3 hours of engine parameters and they have a free software product (AEMData) to look at those logs. When you first open AEMData, it looks like a dashboard for a race team, with way more parameters than we really get to tap into on our Slingshots. @iNewton very graciously shared his template/dashboard with me, so I am paying it forward and sharing the one that I have slightly tweaked. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out.

View attachment 46361

Cheers!
Great help thank you both

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
I think I am finally going to bit the bullet and buy a AEM failsafe gauge.

I need to start logging data at the track.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I don't think it can track laps. I think the lap counter in AEM data is just the software trying to find patterns for RPM that may indicate a lap (race tracks tend to repeat the same rpm patterns), but without a transponder or gps unit it can't know anything about position.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
@jookyone @iNewton

How does the AEM failsafe track the RPMs?

Can you show me how this is hooked up on the SS so it works?

Also, are you guys using the failsafe feature? If so, can you give me details?

·
Registered
873 Posts
@jookyone @iNewton

How does the AEM failsafe track the RPMs?

Can you show me how this is hooked up on the SS so it works?

Also, are you guys using the failsafe feature? If so, can you give me details?
I did a pretty detailed tutorial here:

Gauge instalation tutorial (and parts list)

You should find your answers.

The failsafe part you can't really configure with the stock ECU, because your boost control is mecanical (wastegate spring, not electronic boost controlled) and stock ecu doen't have anyway to cut fuel or ignition.

Reactions: jookyone

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Thank you. I bought one today. This is hands down the best gauge to have for the Sling, especially because logging is important to me.

Do either of you know if you can calibrate the boost readings to show the correct number as altitude changes?

·
W.H.O.R.E. (We Haul Our Ride Everywhere)
1,601 Posts
I did a pretty detailed tutorial here:

Gauge instalation tutorial (and parts list)

You should find your answers.

The failsafe part you can't really configure with the stock ECU, because your boost control is mecanical (wastegate spring, not electronic boost controlled) and stock ecu doen't have anyway to cut fuel or ignition.
@iNewton I"m just trying to learn as much as I can prior to my pending turbo install ...If the stock ECU doesn't have any way to cut fuel or ignition how does the rev limiter work ? Are you saying there is no way to interconnect the "Fail safe" with the stock ECU in order to shut down once "critical" parameters have been met ?

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
I have been doing a bunch of reading because my gauge comes tomorrow.

I don't think there is a "rev limiter" feature. You are simply just grabbing a wire that goes to the ECM so that it can log the revs. Without getting the RPMs, the log feature really does you no good.

The "failsafe" feature is still somewhat confusing to me too. I think this normally can be run to shut down an ECM or can be used as a switch for cutting off boost on a electronic boost controller.

I personally don't see much value in the failsafe shut down feature. The tunes are coming from one guy that really knows what he is doing and you can set it to warn you without having the shut down feature interfere.

Always looking to learn more though....

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
@SlungLow

Here is a good quick video. I am going to set mine up with this faceplate and readings combo. I am also going to run a mechanical boost gauge because I have two holes cute and it will give more detailed info instead of just the bars for boost.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts