Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't say right now. I can say it is a coilover style and most likely we will have two variances for basic adjustments and one that allows more adjustments to rebound and compression.

I also met with some owners that might want a softer ride so we will also look into that as a possible option.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will electronic adjustments be available within arm's reach like my GT500?
We have talked about that a few times and looked into it. It would be pretty expensive so we have not looked future into development. What would you be willing to pay for a system like that?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Good question Turbo. I guess it depends on wether the setup comes from the M/C side or the Auto side.
I believe they are quite different technically, but I'm not sure. I'll do some research on the subject and get back
to the forum.I'm guessing, but I think it can be done for less than $2000.00

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good question Turbo. I guess it depends on wether the setup comes from the M/C side or the Auto side.
I believe they are quite different technically, but I'm not sure. I'll do some research on the subject and get back
to the forum.I'm guessing, but I think it can be done for less than $2000.00
Neither. It was designed from the ground up. OEM shocks was tested on http://roehrigengineering.com/ machines and data was collected. Then new shocks was built utilizing better valving and components. Yes you can get shocks for under 1k but you get what you pay for. These will be available at a introductory price of $1750.00

·
Registered
619 Posts
Lowering springs and adjustable shocks
I'm a big fan of good shocks and know what a difference in overall performance they make ,they let you use your HP. As soon as a few aftermarkets come out for it so I have a few choices to look over, I will be upgrading.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Went out and tested the suspension a bit more today. Lowered the front 1" from stock. 1/4" lower on the rear. Again the temp was cold at around 35* but the shocks performed flawless. bringing the front down a little gave me a bit of more camber and that felt good on the twisty back roads. Very responsive with damping on rough filled in pot holed roads. The lack of sticktion on these shocks truly shines on a series of bumps.

1.jpg

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Went out and tested the suspension a bit more today. Lowered the front 1" from stock. 1/4" lower on the rear. Again the temp was cold at around 35* but the shocks performed flawless. bringing the front down a little gave me a bit of more camber and that felt good on the twisty back roads. Very responsive with damping on rough filled in pot holed roads. The lack of sticktion on these shocks truly shines on a series of bumps.

View attachment 6159
That is a winner
When are they ready buddy?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts