Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We are developing a adjustable coilover suspension setup for the SlingShot. It will replace the factory shock and strut and be a direct bolt on.

This suspension setup will meet just about every ones needs. Key feature:

* Adjustable ride height. If you wanted you could rest the bumper on the ground.
* Stock shaft is 12.9mm these are a beefy 15.77mm hard coated
* Lighter than stock shocks and springs
* 36 clicks of adjust-ability on the damping to dial in whatever your needs are
* Billet swivel mounting points vs rubber oem's
* Construction and design allows for amazing dynamic response
* Fully rebuild-able
* Custom valving to suit specific needs available
* Billet construction no cheap stamped metal
* 100% made in the USA!
Our target pricing is to be just under $2,000.00 for all three.

Thanks!

·
Registered
508 Posts
So only the dampening is adjustable, no height adjustable. Is this correct? Sorry used to seeing coilover with adjustable height when the word "adjustable". But then again it's just me. Would the shock that's being fitted needs wheel alignment? Can't wait to see the product.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So only the dampening is adjustable, no height adjustable. Is this correct? Sorry used to seeing coilover with adjustable height when the word "adjustable". But then again it's just me. Would the shock that's being fitted needs wheel alignment? Can't wait to see the product.
Height will be adjustable as well. Adjusting rebound and compression settings no alignment will be needed. If height is adjusted drastically just like on a car you will have to correct camber.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Height will be adjustable as well. Adjusting rebound and compression settings no alignment will be needed. If height is adjusted drastically just like on a car you will have to correct camber.
Thank you very much for clarification. Sure would love to see optional colored springs on them..just a little hint!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Anytime! What color would you want? We can custom powder coat the springs to your choice of color for a small fee.
Some color options...Red, Blue, Bronz, Yellow, Orange and Black for sure. Just for a starting reference. Anyways, still can't wait to see the final outcome and reasonable price for the performance. More bang for the as they say!!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Who is the mfgr?

That's premium pricing and I'd like to know I'm getting premium technology for it.

OTOH the proof is in the pudding and if both ride and handling are improved significantly it will be hard to resist.

What about spring rates? I'll lose interest quick if, like so many coilovers for cars, all that's available is stupid stiff.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Who is the mfgr?

That's premium pricing and I'd like to know I'm getting premium technology for it.

OTOH the proof is in the pudding and if both ride and handling are improved significantly it will be hard to resist.

What about spring rates? I'll lose interest quick if, like so many coilovers for cars, all that's available is stupid stiff.

I'll post that soon as we finish of fitment and testing and you won't e disappointed! Handling out of the box without adjustment is 10 folds better simply because of the valving and internal components. Ride quality will also be smoother because of the valving. Springs rates is something we are testing right now to see what would be the best for the majority. It is also something that can be custom ordered. The shocks are 100% rebuild-able and custom tailored valving if needed is also available.

depending on what you set the settings on it can be soft or stiff for your driving needs.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Re springs again, it sounds like the stock rates are pretty reasonable.

Will they fit your shocks?

If so would be nice to have a core exchange option where we turn in ours for others in our color choice.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re springs again, it sounds like the stock rates are pretty reasonable.

Will they fit your shocks?

If so would be nice to have a core exchange option where we turn in ours for others in our color choice.
Thats a possibility. The new setup wasn't designed around the oem shocks/springs so I'm not sure if the spring would fit but i can try.

·
Registered
686 Posts
So are your remarks about improved ride and handling based on your prototype testing?

If so, what spring rates did you use compared to stock?

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here is a little teaser. Not only are we working on slingshots but snowmobiles as well. This is a prototype system that I will be testing on my personal sled. We also have a system that we are installing on a race sled that's racing in a major national league this season.

Allot of the technology carries over to the slingshot system being developed.
shock.jpg

·
Registered
686 Posts
A wide range of spring rates was tested. I don't want to post up propitiatory info right now before the product is finished.
Spring rates are proprietary, so I don't even know what I'm buying?

No offense, but Volvo is the same (I have a C30) and after dozens of hours of suspension research I haven't bought because I want to know what I'm paying for.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts