Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
No it will not. The bolts on the passenger side is mount to the floor board vertical and the bolt on the driver side with rails is mounted at an angle in the front and vertical in the rear. The only way to achieve for passenger seat to move forward and back is either purchase the entire bottom driver seat frame from Polaris and fabricate to fit. You can also just purchase an aftermarket seat rails, or just order Racero seats entirely.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John. I'm going to call the factory tomorrow for their advice. I was hoping that if I purchased the same
rail system that supports the driver, it would work on the passenger side. I'll keep the forum posted.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Thanks John. I'm going to call the factory tomorrow for their advice. I was hoping that if I purchased the same
rail system that supports the driver, it would work on the passenger side. I'll keep the forum posted.
Your very Welcome. I was planning to order the bottom part of the drivers side with adjustable rails. Cannot tell on Polaris seat parts drawings if the side can be removed where the seat belts mount. Maybe it's riveted on or welded. Still have to do some fabrication to work. Anyways, still waiting for my Slingshot to come in. Good luck and enjoy your new toy.

·
Registered
508 Posts
If its something you guys want ill take a crack at making a set. Already have the seats out from making the floor pans. Ill take a look at it tomorrow.
Oh wow, that's very nice of you to look at. I wonder why Polaris has not put the adjustable sliding rails for both seats, may be for safety reasons?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
If its something you guys want ill take a crack at making a set. Already have the seats out from making the floor pans. Ill take a look at it tomorrow.
I'm interested. GF is 4' 7" 88 lbs and has a hard time sitting normally in the non adjustable seats in my SxS ATV.

·
Registered
92 Posts
While we are talking about seats does anyone have experience or knows if it's possible to install heating elements in these seats.

·
Registered
508 Posts
The seat looks like a solid foam type. Not really sure about the material. Have not received my SS yet to know. You can always add an after market heated seat pads. Thinking of putting a heater unit myself, just like the one they put in the RZR.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update on the pax seat adjustment rails:

Called CS for some help which was pretty weak to say the least. Turn out part # given was for the whole driver's seat, which,
when plugged in at my dealer, priced out @ over $700.00. Faint... My dealer carries the kit we want for the RZR (2 rails, front
lift bar) for $70.00 which is more like it. I now have a case # with PII on this request and will report to the forum any news.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anybody had any luck figuring out the passenger seat rails? I really want to be able to move my seat forward and that would give me a little extra room behind the seat for some more travel bags. Going away for a week and only having that little storage box to put the necessities isn't gonna work!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
as a polaris engineer told me at bike week, extra weight measured in grams equals overall revenue...corny huh?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts