Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping I can get some suggestion on adjustable ride height shocks that I can adjust from the cockpit.
Out here in the country I want the ability to adjust the ride height to go over speed bumps and pot holes, but then lower when in on smooth roads.

Thanks,

·
Vendor
263 Posts
I know this is an older post but we have a system that will do exactly what you are looking for at the push of a button and is self leveling...

More info on the forums here about it or on our site @ store.revdynamics.net

Air-suspension-difference-v2.jpg

·
Registered
20 Posts
is this just three settings or can you set any where along the travel length from -4.5 to +2 also how is the ride and handling with these shocks

·
Vendor
263 Posts
is this just three settings or can you set any where along the travel length from -4.5 to +2 also how is the ride and handling with these shocks
Each shock can be adjusted at any point in there travel with the push of a button. The ride quality and handling is a huge improvement over stock and we have gotten a lot of great feedback on them. I have had quite a few switch from the aftermarket coil overs and been really happy as well.

·
Vendor
263 Posts
We also have a new kit for people that need more height coming out. The range on this is -3.5" from stock to 3" higher. We were able to load this one backwards into a toy hauler without any additional ramps on the trailer door.

Air-suspension-difference-extra-height-.jpg

·
Registered
20 Posts
so can this be adjusted to -2.5 to +4 up and anywhere in between I would hate to bottom out the front going over a pothole and -2 is pretty low for the street

·
Registered
20 Posts
can this be adjusted to -2.5 to +3 . also can the adjustment be set anywhere in between. -2.5 is pretty low for the street i would hate to bottom out the front going over bad roads. +3 would be good for a lot of trailers and or high driveways

·
Vendor
263 Posts
sorry did not Know the first post went through disregard the second +3 meant + 4
If you did 22” wheels with the right tire that would get you another inch in height and +4. 3+ on stock wheels is the highest suspension can go as the ball joints won’t go beyond that. Our normal kit at +2” will get you in 99.9% of trailers. +3” will get you in a toy hauler backwards and is an extreme amount of ground clearance compared to stock. Basically if you need anything over +3” you maybe trying to rock crawl your slingshot and need a Polaris Rzr.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Just so we're all on the same page with our +&-", my sling with Accuride air suspension from RevDynamics has tires that are 3/4" taller (radius) than stock. When my shocks are deflated, the frame is 2" off the ground with the plastic buckets only 1" off the ground. When they are fully inflated, the frame is 8" off the ground (take 3/4" off these numbers for stock tires). For driving, they do not recommend you go over 90% or under 10% inflation. Even with my taller tires, 10% inflation is very low and I only do it as a parade mode.
The controller let's you go to any height you want and allows you to save 3 of those as ''presets" and the computer will maintain those heights even if loads change. I've set my 3 as "parade" 2.75" off ground, "freeway" 4.5" off ground and "town" 6.5" off ground. If I need to go higher or lower, I can manually do it at any time. Those heights would be the same if I had stock tires as well. I can go lower if I adjust the shocks to be stiffer too. I currently run at 7 clicks from the softest (17 from stiffest).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts