Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 21 SL with the upgraded stage 3 Rockford Fosgate speaker pods and would like to get a little more sound out of the system. Has anyone ever added just an amp to the factory system? I'm thinking a more powerful one should really make a difference even with the factory RF speaker system

·
Registered
243 Posts
If you decide to add an amp to a factory system you'll need a line out converter, it will take a speaker level signal and convert it to a standard line out signal with RCA jacks. They vary WILDLY in price depending on whether you want to add a subwoofer or not.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have a 21 SL with the upgraded stage 3 Rockford Fosgate speaker pods and would like to get a little more sound out of the system. Has anyone ever added just an amp to the factory system? I'm thinking a more powerful one should really make a difference even with the factory RF speaker system
I just upgraded my sound system last weekend. I have a 2020 so the stage 3 speakers wont "Plug and play" with the Rockford stage 1 system. You need line level converters to tap into the system to power up any outside amps. I have never used line level converters so I was skeptical, but everything worked out well.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I just upgraded my sound system last weekend. I have a 2020 so the stage 3 speakers wont "Plug and play" with the Rockford stage 1 system. You need line level converters to tap into the system to power up any outside amps. I have never used line level converters so I was skeptical, but everything worked out well.
Mine is at the audio shop im just waiting on my Ups to drop off my John Taylor sub box then off there to finish the install should have it back today it been 3 days. But I just needed it done

1 - 6 of 6 Posts