Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I decided to change the oil on our SS today. After hanging over the front wheel and smacking my knuckles when the bolt came loose, I decided to add a Fumoto valve and ditch the drain bolt!
I’ve had these valves on my cars and truck for many years with no problem and it makes draining the oil a breeze!
I measured the threads on my ‘19 SLR and found they were M12 - 1.75
So I went to Fumotooildrainvalve.com and ordered part number F107N.
Can’t wait till the next oil change so I can install this baby!

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
I installed my F107N after doing the 500 mile oil change 1 week after buying my 2015 Slingshot and have been happy with it for 56,000 miles so far. I have the F107N and found I needed to add an adapter to install the Fumoto F107 or F107N because the oilpan has a recess for the drain hole and the valve will hit the oilpan before it can be fully tightened. The first time I installed the Funoto F107N, the valve was handle on top after tightening, but when I replaced the oilpan with one modded with a turbo oil return port, the F107N ended up valve down. I've been thinking about switching to the newer F107SX (it still needs an F107SX adapter, which I do not think is the same adapter) because its design allows the outlet to be rotated to whatever position desired. Here's a link to the Fumoto site for the Polaris Slingshot - http://www.fumotousa.com/results.php?make=105&year=2015&model=39298&makeid=POLARIS+(MOTORCYCLE)&modelid=Slingshot. For some reason the link doesn't show the F107SX, but it does mention needing the F107SX adapter for the F107SX valve. You can also find Fumoto valves on EBay. Make sure you're actually buying a Fumoto oil valve since there is a copycat also listed.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hope these pictures help with your install. I did not have the lock clip in place for these photos and have added a rubber cap over the opening to keep dirt out.
IMG_9225.JPG
IMG_9227.JPG

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Good pics. @W3JNP's pics clearly show you need the adapter for the F107SX to get the valve tightened against the oilpan.
I ran 15-20,000 miles before getting the clip w/o problem. After installing my turbo, I've run another 20,000 miles with the valve upside down and haven't used the clip. I sometimes think maybe I should reinstall it, if I can ever find where I left it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts