Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I first popped the radio display out and made sure that there wasn't anything behind that area. Then I used a drill bit to drill a hole thru both pieces of plastic. I took the painted part off and drilled it with a large step drill bit. Then did the same for the plastic left on the bike.

To get power there is a 3 wire plug that normally powers the radio unit. Just tap the black wire for your ground. Then if you want it hot all the time even with the key off tap the tan colored wire. If you want it switched with the key tap the smaller wire in the middle of the plug. Its smaller so I'm sure it wont run heated clothing but the always on probably will. At least till the battery is dead. I then tied mine into the always hot because I wont forget. My Spyder is the same and I'm used to unplugging stuff when I get done riding.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Another great mod Rab............ Do you know where I could get toggle switches that will fit where the blank ones are below the radio ??????????? I'm going to be doing a cabin white light and colored led lights inside the cockpit.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Isn't it just the regular switches like these. If so you can get them at Autozone or Advanced Auto

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Isn't there a socket in the glove compartment? I know there is in the SL at least the one I saw had it.
Yea. Its pretty useless being in the glove box. However I will say that you can run the wire out of the back left corner of the glovebox and it wont pinch the cord. I was also thinking that if you did have heated gear you could have one of these plugs on each side of the console and it would make it so easy to plug into. I have people that want to charge phones and I have radar detectors and I have satellite radios that plug in. There is also one below above the cupholders.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I shouldn't have said the glovebox plug was useless. Its OK. Its just not very handy to get to.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Thanks, I just wanted to make sure the base had a socket to plug my gps into. It doesn't hurt to have more places to plug things into that's for sure.

·
Registered
2020 Slingshot Grand Touring Chan Chew Two
779 Posts
Full time on is also good for a trickle charger hook up when it sits for a cold spell!

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Another great mod Rab............ Do you know where I could get toggle switches that will fit where the blank ones are below the radio ??????????? I'm going to be doing a cabin white light and colored led lights inside the cockpit.
The switches are smaller than the standard size. Below is a link to the direct replacement size for the blank spots on the SS.

If you don't like the style, look in the details for all the measurement instructions to find a style you like.

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/OTTO/K1AAAAAAAA/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMv5nNmfALfFpjZD1oEfUgV3

From what I understand any of the Otto K1 switches are the correct size.

Reactions: arntufun
1 - 15 of 15 Posts