Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 slingshot SL
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to add a 10” sub in one of the storage compartments and was trying to figure out what type of outputs the factory radio has without having to tear apart the dash. Ideally I’d love it to have an RCA sub out jack, but can’t find any documentation

·
Registered
2015 2JZ swapped
446 Posts
We make a plug-n-play harness that gives you 4 RCA's out to an amp ($80). It's made to go strictly with an aftermarket amp - you'd be removing the factory amp. You'd get much better sound doing it this way, plus replacing the stock speakers would help.

·
Registered
21 slingshot SL
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We make a plug-n-play harness that gives you 4 RCA's out to an amp ($80). It's made to go strictly with an aftermarket amp - you'd be removing the factory amp. You'd get much better sound doing it this way, plus replacing the stock speakers would help.
I understand the potential benefits of upgrading the existing components (done it on numerous other vehicles including my current golf cart with Rockford Fosgate & Wetsound system) but I just want to add a sub to the existing system. Think I’m going to end up just going with mono amp with speaker level inputs

·
Registered
2015 2JZ swapped
446 Posts
No problem. We try not to cut/alter the factory harness if we don't need to. The '15-17 you have to cut the harness, the '18-20 models we also have an adapter for that either is a jumper with RCA's, or a complete aftermarket amp setup with only RCA's.

·
Registered
19 Posts
No problem. We try not to cut/alter the factory harness if we don't need to. The '15-17 you have to cut the harness, the '18-20 models we also have an adapter for that either is a jumper with RCA's, or a complete aftermarket amp setup with only RCA's.
Hey xd675x I'm looking for an adapter for my 2018 SL, any suggesting's, hit me up?

Thanks

·
Registered
2015 2JZ swapped
446 Posts
Sorry for the delay in answering you. I don't get on here much anymore. What amp setup you want to run? Factory plus aftermarket? Or just aftermarket?

Scott

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sorry for the delay in answering you. I don't get on here much anymore. What amp setup you want to run? Factory plus aftermarket? Or just aftermarket?

Scott
Do you have a site? I have a 21' and would love as RCA sub breakout. If not I will user the LC2i from AudioControl

1 - 8 of 8 Posts