Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
This is the Canadian model. I think for Motorcycle laws in the US they have to have the lights in the center. The Canadian has a smaller nose one as seen here and the lights all on the side. There is also a button in the cockpit to engage the headlights. You can pull back on the turn signal for highs but they won't stay on unless you have the button pushed. The light bracket is the same on US and Canadian models but the US version has a cap or plug so you only have the one set.

I would think you could probably wire up another set easy enough if you wanted to.

·
Registered
105 Posts
If they're open and unused I'd be more inclined to plumb them to the airbox like an old school racing headlight CAI. Not sure another set of lights would net you much.
Not a bad idea. It wouldn't take much to get to that bracket.

·
Registered
642 Posts
This is the Canadian model. I think for Motorcycle laws in the US they have to have the lights in the center. The Canadian has a smaller nose one as seen here and the lights all on the side. There is also a button in the cockpit to engage the headlights. You can pull back on the turn signal for highs but they won't stay on unless you have the button pushed. The light bracket is the same on US and Canadian models but the US version has a cap or plug so you only have the one set.

I would think you could probably wire up another set easy enough if you wanted to.
Do you mean one set on the outside for US models?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Do you mean one set on the outside for US models?
Yes one headlight on each side and a pair in the center for the US models. The brackets are the same as the Canadian model that was shown just there isn't a light there and the bracket is covered with plastic.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
But here is the official day ride and the first one got the 4 headlight...and behind im look he don't have it....?!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
They used US and Canadian units for the test rides. Personally I like the look of the Canadian model over theUS myself. Heard the Canadian models are required to be mounted as such to meet regulations.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They used US and Canadian units for the test rides. Personally I like the look of the Canadian model over theUS myself. Heard the Canadian models are required to be mounted as such to meet regulations.
We have to trade our SS Buddy!! lol

·
Registered
238 Posts
I think I will mount two rectangular lights within the roll hoops for added coverage. Unless when I actually sit in it they are blocked by a helmet.
Just look at your state law with that one. I know here is a 6 separate lights facing forward on a car/truck. Not sure on something classified as a bike.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I think that's a prototype image before they moved the second pair to the center.
ok maybe not as posted above it could be a canada specific hood setup :S makes sense. though the pattent images did show 6 headlights!?

I suppose you could put fog lights in there? right now they just have high and low beams.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts