Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bob @MEFIburn has agreed to do a group discount for those people on the forum that want to get a NA tune from him. He has a few different NA tunes and will load the appropriate one on your ECM depending on your aftermarket parts.

This tune will be will be $100 off ($400; instead of $500) when you use the promo code SSFORUM16.

Instructions are on his website on how to remove your ECM. See below...
OBD Diagnostics
Or...
How to remove the factory ECU

Send to:
OBD Diagnostics, Inc
2121 Ruhland Ave
Redondo Beach CA 90278

How to send: The best option is to use a USPS priority large envelope. Bubble wrap your ECM, stick it in there, and send it out. You can also use a small priority box if you choose.

What should all be sent to Bob? VERY IMPORTANT....

• Your ECM
  • Payment - $400 in form of a check, cash, or cashiers check
  • A note that has your name and shipping address
  • The note should also include a list of your modifications (type of intake, exhaust, and/or header)
  • The note should also include the above promo code and your forum name
  • Pre-paid large envelope that is already filled out with your shipping info so he can get it back to you (if you don't want to do this, include an additional $10 to cover the shipping back to you)

Example Note:
Travis Wilson
1532 S. 10 St.
Phoenix AZ 85025

Promo Code: SSFORUM16
FORUM NAME: TravAZ

Modifications: Alpha CAI, Alpha Header, Alpha Variable Tone Exhaust

Common questions....
  • Turn around time in 1-2 days when he gets your ECM
  • If your tune gets swiped, he will re-load it for $20 as long as you pay shipping both ways

Hopefully everyone is excited and enjoys their new and improved tune!

Cheers!

·
W.H.O.R.E. (We Haul Our Ride Everywhere)
1,601 Posts
Interested - 2015 SL (Fast Red) ;) Hahn CAI,1320 header, Alpha side exit cat delete

·
Banned
231 Posts
IMO $400. is Still way over priced.
I want to see someone crack the code, or produce a whole new ECU, that can be interfaced with a Power Commander, or Bazazz.
This is not impossible.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IMO $400. is Still way over priced.
I want to see someone crack the code, or produce a whole new ECU, that can be interfaced with a Power Commander, or Bazazz.
This is not impossible.
It isn't impossible, but IMHO it probably isn't happening in 2016. You appreciate his work much more and the price associated with it when you know more about it's complexity and the hours he has invested.

Also - this is probably the best HP and positive drive-ability change you can do for the money.

• pick up 11 rwhp and 18 ft/lbs of torque on just the tune alone - stock SS
I'll mark you down as not interested. ;)

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
INTERESTED!!-Alpha CAI, custom built header(Bob has seen it on the last Berts run. My own creation) Custom exhaust (Bob has seen it on the last Berts run. My own creation again to the rear of sling)

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interested but more curious as to how this would occur. Thinking not plug-n-play...
Let me clarify a couple of things....

1. You follow the instructions found below to take out your ECM. It is 2 bolts and the ECM plugs from the wiring harness. Very easy...
OBD Diagnostics

2. You would ship it to Bob and have pre-paid shipping for him to get it back to you.
I like to use USPS express envelopes. I bubble wrap it and throw it in there with a note about my name and mods. I also make sure to include the pre-paid filled out envelope, so he can get it back to me.

3. Get it back and re-install it.

4. Enjoy the new tune!

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Let me clarify a couple of things....

1. You follow the instructions found below to take out your ECM. It is 2 bolts and the ECM plugs from the wiring harness. Very easy...
OBD Diagnostics

2. You would ship it to Bob and have pre-paid shipping for him to get it back to you.
I like to use USPS express envelopes. I bubble wrap it and throw it in there with a note about my name and mods. I also make sure to include the pre-paid filled out envelope, so he can get it back to me.

3. Get it back and re-install it.

4. Enjoy the new tune!
Don't forget to include a check for the reflash

·
W.H.O.R.E. (We Haul Our Ride Everywhere)
1,601 Posts
That tune would have to be perfect, tried and true. Automobiles have plug and play that are less costly. Why $400
Simply put, supply and demand. Not to mention Bob is the only person in the entire universe who knows how to do this right.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That tune would have to be perfect, tried and true. Automobiles have plug and play that are less costly. Why $400
If you only knew how bad the stock tune is, you would understand more about why this is a great option for people to get better drive-ability and power out of their SS.

It is important to understand that this isn't a car ECM and there isn't any other people currently that have the expertise and tools to tune a Slingshot. I am sure people are trying, but EVERY ECM goes through Bob at this point. All the turbo guys already know this.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
INTERESTED!!-Alpha CAI, custom built header(Bob has seen it on the last Berts run. My own creation) Custom exhaust (Bob has seen it on the last Berts run. My own creation again to the rear of sling)
Hey Bro, while it's out, you could get yours anodized PURPLE! Just sayin'... ;):smuggrin:

1 - 20 of 302 Posts