Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow SlingShot enthusiasts!

I own a 2016 SL. Yesterday I installed jump ports in the driver side storage compartment for peace of mind and planning ahead. In the process, I disconnected a rats nest of wiring that the previous owner had added which fed under and interior LED lighting controlled by the accessory switch. There’s always a right way and plenty of wrong ways to do things and this seemed wrong to me and likely to have me end up hours from home after a loud FZXZZZT!

My question for you electrically savvy types is this - what’s the right way? Is there a spare circuit? The wiring was controlled by the accessory switch and run exposed underneath to the back to connect to power. Any advice is greatly appreciated! Sling on my brothers!

·
Registered
683 Posts
I added a 2nd fuse box for my accessories. There are water proof ones out there, but I wanted cost effective, so bought one off of walmart.com and mounted it upside down in my glove box. Accessible, shouldn't get wet and somewhat convenient. I put a relay on it and switched it off of the key. I ran power to the relay from the alternator and grounded the fuseblock to the frame, same place the engine grounds (at the back of the engine).

I've been happy with the setup and it's worked well. With wiring, relay and the fuseblock, I'm in for less than $50.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I added a 2nd fuse box for my accessories. There are water proof ones out there, but I wanted cost effective, so bought one off of walmart.com and mounted it upside down in my glove box. Accessible, shouldn't get wet and somewhat convenient. I put a relay on it and switched it off of the key. I ran power to the relay from the alternator and grounded the fuseblock to the frame, same place the engine grounds (at the back of the engine).

I've been happy with the setup and it's worked well. With wiring, relay and the fuseblock, I'm in for less than $50.
Perfect! Makes sense to me. Appreciate the prompt response!

·
Registered
842 Posts
plenty of wrong ways to do things and this seemed wrong to me and likely to have me end up hours from home after a loud FZXZZZT!
It may be an ugly job, that still works,.............maybe!
But just in case, if I were you,.........................
I wouldn't go "Slingin' in the rain" any time soon brother!! :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts