Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully the aftermarket guys will see this...

Several reviewers have mentioned that while very comfortable, the seats lack side support during hard cornering.

So how about side bolsters that match the seat color/styling.

·
Vendor
2,216 Posts
Totally agree. I read on another thread here that Corbeau was 1st on the the list for an SS from their local dealer. I tried contacting them several times with no response. Although the seats in the SS are extremely comfortable, we need an aftermarket seat option with bolster support. I find it a bit dangerous canyon running with no bolster support.. makes me focus on my burning abs rather then the next apex.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I've run Corbeau seats in a couple offroad buggies I've built and currently have them in my Yamaha Rhino. They are comfortable and should be a big improvement for lateral stability.

Stephen.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I'm pretty sure Mike Corbin will be making an aftermarket accessories for the Slingshot. He was the #1 to receive an SL about a month ago at a Northern California dealership. Possible seat cover or entire new style seat itself or a rear fender or a luggage rack. Who knows...but can't wait to see.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am installing a knock-off set of Sparco seats with 5 point harnesses. I also am going to Dynamat the entire interior cause....DAMN this thing is noisy and HOT. Anyone else experience the heat in the cabin??. I know the guys in the Midwest and east have to be loving it, but the West Coasters are ROASTING, LOL!!

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
I was thinking about having my seats reupholstered and adding additional side support and CF heat pads. Of course, I'm still waiting on "business-freindly" Texas allowing me to get a Slingshot!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am installing a knock-off set of Sparco seats with 5 point harnesses. I also am going to Dynamat the entire interior cause....DAMN this thing is noisy and HOT. Anyone else experience the heat in the cabin??. I know the guys in the Midwest and east have to be loving it, but the West Coasters are ROASTING, LOL!!
I just installed over the aluminum behind the muffler with Double aluminum insulation from Lowes 24inx25ft and under the floors.I tried the 3M glue it did not work,I bolted,I drilled thru the plastic floor panels and used hurricane shutter bolts with large heads with nylon locknuts and fender washers.So far So Good.Paul

1 - 13 of 13 Posts