Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done this to a slingshot . All the race cars I have been involved with none had abs just on the dash brake balance knob to adjust back to front brake balance ?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
What would the advantages be?

Bill
You can lock up the front brakes and smoke the rear tire.

Not that it's really needed on a Slingshot....

The ABS prevents wheel lock during a hard stop. The balance valve cannot do that. Disadvantage.

Reactions: wjfyfe

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can balance to brakes the majority of the of braking comes from the front wheels. It’s true you ca lock up the brakes. I can use maximum braking without lockup. I was a professional driver raced for years all over the western states and in 2017 I went to Daytona and ran on the high banks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
You can balance to brakes the majority of the of braking comes from the front wheels. It’s true you ca lock up the brakes. I can use maximum braking without lockup. I was a professional driver raced for years all over the western states and in 2017 I went to Daytona and ran on the high banks.
Race track surfaces are far more predictable and consistent than real world roads. Given that this is not a suitable racing platform (wishful thinking and four-wheel conversions aside), I would stick with the ABS for the peace of mind and resale value.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts