Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I canceled the infotainment system mainly due to price, and I've been considering aftermarket options for music/backup camera. I understand I will have to add some sort of larger speaker than what is offered with the SS, but I really want my sound system to vibrate the people in the car next to me when I'm listening to really based out music. My friend (quite knowledgeable about cars) told me that the open-air cockpit in the SS will all but ruin this desire because there is no closed air chamber to hold the vibrations...or something like that. I don't really want to give up one of the cargo compartments, but I suppose I might be okay with that if it really gives a difference. I'm rambling...any suggestions on obtaining high bass and the body-rumbling vibrations that come with a really good system in a closed-cabin vehicle?

·
Registered
791 Posts
Thanks for posting that! Good demo of engine and sound system volume for me. Is that SS just a temporary loaner for KW or their demo?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Blackthumb, an open air cockpit like the SS presents some challenges when trying to get really good sub-bass. What you will hear at idle or in slow traffic will not be the same quality at 70-80 MPH. Sub-bass sound waves are dramatically more affected by wind than mid-bass, mids and highs. your going to need considerably more power for your sub-woofer than you would need in a enclosed cockpit if you really want to feel your bass at speed.

Once we actually get our hands on one, we will figure out some different options

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
I with you on that Blackthumb. I like to feel the music too.

Just throwing ideas out there.

Hopefully this wouldnt be too dramatic. We wouldnt want to bother the other drivers that like to listen to the birds. :D

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I with you on that Blackthumb. I like to feel the music too.

Just throwing ideas out there.

Hopefully this wouldnt be too dramatic. We wouldnt want to bother the other drivers that like to listen to the birds. :D
Turn, Turn, Turn :):)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts