Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Thanks for posting. It was an enjoyable read.

Is it just me or were the reviewers given the same slick sheet to base their articles on? It feels like one article was written and everyone else just plagiarized it and changed some of the wording. Do you know what I'm saying?

·
Registered
414 Posts
That's true. This article was must better than most. I guess I've scoured the web too much. I keep finding articles that feel like the same things said over and over again. Many even use the same phrases.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I subscribe to All the car magazines. WTF, where are the test reports from them? Is Polaris being anal about the SS being a motorcycle? Dumb move in the long term if so...

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Reasonably good article, but mostly repeat stuff. Noticed an error about having direct injection. It's port, not direct injected.
Same BS about the roll bars supporting 5 times the weight of vehicle which is fine for compression strength. But they're not triangulated. If I do get this thing upside down at speed, will they snap off with bending load?

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Hmmm.... The frame actually looks pretty good in that respect to me. Certainly way better than most roadsters/ convertibles.
image.jpg

·
Registered
768 Posts
The roll bars and frame and other features all seem a lot better than a regular typical motorcycle for protection! Remember the SS still is a motorcycle! If you want safety, get a CAGE!

I think that generally it will be much safer than the typical 2 wheeled motorcycle and still have many of the safety factors of a motorcycle, great brakes, great maneuverability and great safety equipment with sealt belts, traction control and ABS. In a minor crash it should do better than most typical bikes and in really serious truck/car/bike collision, it should do as well or better than the average bike. That may not be very good, but probably better than most 2 wheeled bikes!

I really never bought a vehicle and planned on crashing it, so you have to purchase it with the knowledge that if you want SUV or other large vehicle safety, then you should not be riding a bike, motorcycle or any other exposed vehicle.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts